30| Healing Conversations

Sitting in his car, Hendrix sat outside of Dr

Sitting in his car, Hendrix sat outside of Dr.Khan's office staring down at his phone seeing his mother call him back to back. He knew by now that she'd gotten the news about James and that's the reason she was calling. All night he'd drove around and questioned himself about the things he just did. Hendrix knew that he wasn't a killer but something about knowing how his dad had hurt everyone he loved had pushed him over the edge. Especially the letter he'd sent him a few days ago.

James had told him about how Mercedes had came to visit him and him being the sick man he was had talked about how fine and beautiful Mercedes was now that she was older. That alone disgusted him.

As he sat there trying to get himself together to get out, Hendrix thought back to himself seeing James sitting there laughing at the tv show. Just moments before he shot him.

Using the card to get inside the prison. His eyes locked with a few of the other guards who simply just gave him a head nod. As he walked through the cafeteria where all the inmates sat eating and engaging in conversation , he caught eyes with Lanceon.

Hendrix had Lanceon introduce him as a new guard which was how he had got in. Hendrix had also paid all of the guards in here to act like they didn't know a thing and with the tv room not having security cameras, Hendrix plan was surely to play out perfectly.

When he reached Lanceon, they both went off to the side. "You sure it ain't no possibility that this will track back to me?" Hendrix questioned him.

Lanceon shook his head. "You got my word man. We all been wanting that man gone for some time now. I got you. You straight." He assured him.

With that Hendrix nodded his head and was led to the tv room by Lanceon. Before heading up the steps, Hendrix pulled down his mask and made sure his gun was ready to go. Hendrix wasn't a killer but don't temp him. He had prayed about it to God already and asked for forgiveness. He just hoped that everyone around him wouldn't question his decision.

When Hendrix caught eyes of James, the cold look you rarely saw in his eyes appeared. He pulled the rope out of his pocket and made sure it was held tightly in his hands before slowly creeping up behind him. When he was close enough he wrapped the rope around his neck and choked him hard with tears roaming around in his eyes.

Snapping out of his thoughts once he heard a car door slam. He sent his mother a quick text before getting out and heading into the building. When he reached Dr.Khan's office, he softly knocked on the door. When he heard come in, he pushed the door open and smiled at her a little. "How you doing Dr.Khan. Long time no see." He chuckled.

Dr.Khan crossed her legs and chuckled. "I'm good honey. How are you?l

Hendrix sat down across from her. "I'm okay. Trying to hang in there but it's been hard." He rubbed his hands together. "I been struggling with my thoughts and shit from my childhood been hitting me. I been thinking about whether or not I'm a good father. It's all just been hitting me and ain't nobody been noticing."