I'm Drunk As Hell

"Pops!" Buck yelled into his phone excitedly as soon as Bobby answered.

Bobby pulled his phone away from his ear a bit. "Well hi Buck."

"I'm so happy you picked up! I pressed your name and the ringer went riiinng and then you answered! Technology is just, it's amazing!" He continued to talk way too loud.

Bobby put his phone on speaker to avoid having Buck screaming in his ear any more.

"Yeah, phone calls are pretty cool. What's going on, buddy? Are you drunk?" Bobby asked with slight amusement.

"Oh, I'm drunk as hell. I really am. Thing is, well, I miss you. You yell at me sometimes but that's because all dads yell at their kids and you're like my dad. You love me like dads love their kids and, don't tell anyone, but I love you more than my actual dad." The sound of Buck drinking could be heard before the distinct sound of a bottle being broken.

"Buck? What happened? Are you okay?" Bobby asked, the warm feeling Buck's words had filled his chest with disappearing and being replaced with worry.

"Aww shoot." His voice came through a moment later. "I dropped it on my foot. Heh, it looks like a firework." He giggled, looking at his bleeding foot that didn't seem to hurt.

"Did a bottle shatter on your foot? Is that what just happened?" Bobby got up from the couch and headed for the door.

"Oh uh yes." He giggled before pouting. "I still miss you."

"Know what? You won't have to miss me much longer. I'm coming over." He grabbed his keys and hurried to his truck.

"Really?" He gasped excitedly. "Do you-I have pizza. Are you hungry? I'll go warm it up."

"No, Buck, that's okay. Don't move, you might step in glass." Bobby tried to stop him but he couldn't do much when he was driving.

"No, no, I got it." He stood up, of course stepping on the glass, and stumbled to his kitchen. "How many pieces do you want, Bobert?" He asked, cackling at the name as he opened the pizza box on the counter.

"None, Buck. I told you not to move. Did you step in the glass?" Bobby asked, indeed feeling like a tired dad.

Buck tried to look at the bottoms of both of his feet at once, only to fall to the floor and hit his head off the counter on his way down. "Ow. That-woah, the kitchen's spinning."

Bobby had heard the commotion and pressed harder on the accelerator. Luckily traffic was light and they didn't live far from each other. "What happened? Did you fall?"

"I did! How did you know that? Are there cameras in here or something?" He lay on the kitchen floor, not able to get up with the room spinning so fast.

Bobby ignored his questions. "Are you hurt?"

"I am not feeling any pain." He smiled, giggling to himself.

"I bet." Bobby shook his head. "I'm pulling in, I'll be up in a minute. Do not move."

"But the door's locked." He wanted to sit up but the room spun too fast.

"I have a key, don't move." Bobby reminded him, parking his truck and getting out. "I'll be up there in a minute, okay?"

"Okey dokey." He smiled before Bobby ended the call. He frowned, hearing the three beeps that signified the call was disconnected. "Bobby? He hung up on me." He pouted, tears filling his eyes.

A moment later, Bobby was kneeling over him. "Buck, why're you crying? Does something hurt?" He wiped away his tears with a concerned look on his face.