Healing Inner Buckley Children

I don't really like this one but instead of deleting it, I'll post it and maybe someone will like it more than I do 🤷‍♀️

"Will you just tell me where we're going?" Maddie tried again as Chim drove them away from the Lee's house after dropping off Jee.

"No, it's a surprise." He told her once again, a smile still on his face. "It'll be fun, trust me."

"I trust you, I do. I just want to be prepared." She looked at their surroundings to try and guess where they were going. "We're going to Buck's! Wait, why are we going to Buck's?"

"I'm including him in this day, too. You'll understand later." Chimney explained, pulling into Buck's apartment parking lot and picking up his phone. He called Buck and told him to "get his behind in the car in 2 minutes."

Buck hurried out to the car and got in the backseat. "Now will you tell me what this big surprise is? Are you two pregnant again?!"

"What?! No!" Maddie looked at him in surprise before laughing. "He won't tell me either."

Chimney started to drive again as the Buckley siblings continued to pester him to tell them where he was taking them. Chim didn't relent, not giving up any clues until he pulled into the lot of the trampoline park.

"Trampoline park? Chimney, what are we doing? Why didn't you bring Jee?" Buck asked, him and Maddie exchanging confused glances.

"Alright, this day is about healing you two's inner children." Chim explained, turning in his seat to look between the two of them.

"What?" Maddie looked at him confused.

"Neither of you got to be kids when you were kids. Not really. Not with your parents. So today, we're doing fun kid things that will help heal that sad little kid inside you both." He explained happily, watching them exchange looks before smiling.

"That is so sweet." Maddie pulled him in for a kiss.

"I won't kiss you but I do think this is really cool." Buck smiled, getting out of the car.

"That's okay, Buck. I only want to kiss one Buckley sibling." Chimney teased as he and Maddie followed him out of the car.

The trio went inside, signed waivers, and were on the trampoline in no time. Luckily it wasn't very busy on a Thursday morning.

"Hey, watch this." Buck grinned too confidently before attempting a flip into a foam pit.

"I'll top that." Chim determined, following his actions and landing almost on top of him.

"Maddie, your turn." Buck called, throwing a foam block at Chimney's head.

"I don't know." She hesitated.

"Oh, come on Mads. This is a day for you to act like a kid." Chim reminded her, throwing himself on top of Buck in retaliation for throwing foam at him.

Maddie smiled and nodded before giving in. She did a perfect flip before landing behind the two.

"What? Did you take gymnastics before I was born or something?" Buck asked incredulously, shoving Chimney off of him.

"I'm full of secrets, Evan." She made a face at him before throwing a foam block at him.

The group jumped and played around like kids for an hour before their time was up.

"Alright, to our next stop." Chimney stated, leading them to his car. "Target!"

"Ooh! I need to get Jee-Yun another-"

"Nope." Chimney cut her off, starting the car. "This isn't a trip for you to be a responsible parent. Everything Jee needs, she has."

"Okay. So what are we getting then?" She asked confused.

Soon, Chimney was standing with the siblings in the toy section of the store. "Anything you want."

"Anything?" Buck and Maddie raised their eyebrows at each other.

"Yes. Any one thing. Now go, wander the aisles. Be free." He shooed them each away with a smile. Soon, Maddie returned to Chimney with a LEGO set of a flower bouquet.

Chimney's smile was wide. "That's such a great choice. Let's go see what Buck found." They searched the aisles until they found Buck in front of build-it-yourself toy robot.

"I need it." He looked at Chim, holding up the box.

"Alright, put it in the cart. Let's go get groceries."

"But you said-" Maddie started only for him to put up a hand.

"Not adult groceries. Fun kids foods that you two didn't get as kids. Dino nuggets, fruit snacks, sugary cereal, whatever you want."

A smile crossed Buck's face as he led the way to the grocery section. Maddie picked up a can of Campbell's chicken and star soup, Zebra Cakes, and Sunny D. Buck grabbed Kool-Aid, Twinkies, and dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets.

"Alright, home we go to build a fort and watch Disney movies." Chimney led the way to checkout.

The group was soon in a blanket fort on Maddie and Chim's living room floor. They ate their kid-themed lunches, worked on building their toy sets, and watched The Little Mermaid.

As Chimney helped Maddie with the LEGO's, they noticed Buck snoring. Maddie smiled before turning to kiss Chim.

"This was so amazing. Thank you for today." She spoke with gratitude, almost wanting to cry at how much he loved her.

"Of course. I just figured, with you having to basically raise him, you missed out on a lot of childhood. And Buck, while he acts like a kid every day, he needed this, too." Chimney smiled, ecstatic they both liked the day.

"You are too amazing. I don't know what I did to deserve you." She leaned into him, feeling his arms wrap around her as he pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"You're you. I'd do anything for you."