Stomach Flu

Mmmph. Mateo woke up with a groan, holding his stomach as a sharp cramp made itself known. His stomach bubbled and he quickly got up and made his way to the bathroom.

He made a mad-dash for a stall and sat down as his stomach revolted against him. He hadn't even noticed another closed stall in the bathroom until he heard retching, followed by panting.

"Hello?" He called out, grimacing as his stomach continued to wreak havoc.

"Mateo?" Paul's voice came back sounding weak.

"Stomach?" Mateo asked, his arms wrapped around his midsection.

"Yeah. TK and Nancy, too." Paul sighed softly, flushing the toilet and going to the sink. As he was splashing cool water on his face, TK hurried back into a stall.

Nancy joined a few minutes later and Paul couldn't leave the bathroom before his stomach revolted once again. The four of them suffered in solidarity before, finally, a healthy person woke up.

"What died in here?" Judd gagged, fully waking up when he entered the bathroom.

"My remaining shreds of dignity." Mateo gripped his stomach tight as it cramped.

"Well I'd ask if y'all are okay, but the answer's pretty clear." Judd covered his nose with his hands.

"What time is it?" Nancy asked softly, leaning against the stall with her arms around her stomach.

"Just after 6:30. How long have y'all been sick in here?" He was taken back by how weak she sounded.

"Me and TK both since 2." She answered, a sound of agreement coming from TK.

"It was 3 for me, I think 3:30 for Mateo." Paul replied, hitting his head against the side of the stall with his eyes closed.

"Oh man. I'm gonna get Captain Vega. Y'all've gotta be dehydrated." He hurried out, taking a deep breath of fresh air when he was in the clear. He went back to the bunk room and turned the light on, Owen, Tommy, and Marjan all groaning.

"Get up, we got a problem." He told them as they all sat up and woke up all the way.

"What's the problem?" Marjan asked through a yawn.

"We got half a house down with a stomach bug. They've been in there for hours and dehydration has got to be a problem by now." He explained as Tommy and Owen grew fully alert.

"Is it vomiting or...?" Owen asked curiously, looking around to see which members weren't in the bunk room and were therefore sick.

"Oh, it's both ends and it's real bad. Like put on a gas mask before you walk in there bad." He warned them, seeing them all prepare themselves.

"Oh boy. I'll grab saline to start IV's and keep them hydrated. Marjan, come with me and help me get some medication from the truck." Tommy decided, Marjan just a step behind her.

"I'm going to put us offline, we can't respond to calls with half a house." Owen went to radio dispatch.

Judd went back to the bathroom, pulling his shirt over his nose before going in this time. "Tommy and Marjan are coming with fluids and meds. Anyone need anything? Gatorade? Ginger Ale? Saltines?"

"Gatorade. Orange." Mateo requested.

"Ginger Ale." Nancy answered.

"Same here." Paul concurred.

"Alright. What about you, TK? Whatcha need?" He tried not to be overly concerned by his lack of response. "TK?" He knocked on his stall door.

"Mmmph." TK groaned weakly in response, sitting on the floor with his head against the toilet seat.