Mom's lesson

Lizzie POV

„Is the sun setting or rising?" I asked as I entered the kitchen. I wanted to make myself a cup of coffee and before I could realize I felt a flat hand collide with my face. Forget the coffee I am definitely awake now.

„Mom what the fuck? Dad did you see this what was that for?" dad staid silent and sipped on his tea glass.
My mom never raised her hand on me so this even more of surprise. She was always against  violence with her kids but looks like she changed her mind for some reason.

„You didn't tell me that Nora loves you."
She spoke up as she sat back down on in front of the kitchen island.

„What? I didn't tell you because then I'd be lying. She doesn't love me. How do you even get to that assumption?" I answered furiously as I rubbed my red cheek to ease the pain.

„Oh come on Elizabeth. The signs are as clear as daylight. You didn't tell me that she named one of her twins after you."
She usually never uses my full name so she must be really pissed.

„It's just a name mom. Get a hold on yourself mom that is not a reason to assume that she loves me." I fired back as I sat down on the opposite side of the kitchen island so she won't be able to slap me again without a warning.

„To me it definitely sounds like she loves you."
Dad added his opinion quietly as he sips on his tea. I glared at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

„Dad you're not really a help right now. Since when did you pull Agenda against me."

„We aren't against you. We just wanted to make you realize things. The signs are clear."

„Mom there are no signs. She doesn't want me to be around. She told me to leave so I did what she asked for!!" I raised my voice at her which I usually never do.

„Well I got a different impression when I was talking to her." she dropped and now I am confused.

„Hold on! You talked to her? When? Why? What did you talk about?" I bombarded her with questions.

„You got a call while you were asleep. She didn't want me to wake you up. So we got to talk for a while. She sounds kind and lovely."
Mom answered and I never thought that they would ever exchange words.

„Why was she calling?" I wanted to know.

„She was worried about Chase. She feels like there is an issue and she wanted to ask if you could come around for her and maybe talk to her. Chase was asking for you multiple times."

„Oh mom why didn't you tell me that right off from the start?" I asked furiously as I was almost jumping up from the chair to get to the hallway.

„Because I honestly thought that you wouldn't leave." she added and I that made me stay still. I turned around to look at her since she followed me to the hallway.

„Why would you think that?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

„If you only knew how much your father and I were fighting when you all were little kids. We were even split apart from one another for a while."

„Wait. But you guys were always there. You never left."

„Yeah and that is because we've decided to not show it because you all were way to young to understand. We obviously came back together but we didn't want you guys to see us this way. Do you know what this does to a kid in such a young age?"
She answered and I shook my head.

„They will automatically think it's their fault that you left. Even if it's not. They don't understand it yet. This is why we staid together even if we were fighting and even if we he our differences."

„But I wasn't together with Nora in the first place. They know-."

„No lizard they don't. They don't understand relationships as we do. They just see it and think you are with her. Especially since they see you as a mom too."

„Mama mom. I am their mama. Nora is their mom."

„Okay that was a cocky answer. But what I am trying to say it sometimes you can't walk away even if you want to. For the sake of the kids. As you all became older we started to show that there are differences between us and that we fight sometimes. But we waited because we wanted you to understand that it doesn't has to do anything with you or your siblings."
I leaned against the wall als rubbed my eyes in frustration and anger realizing what I just did to Chase and Quinn.

„I messed up mom." I pressed out as I felt my urge to cry in my throat.

„I know. But that happens. Just try to change it. I know it's already getting dark outside and it's probably curfew for the kids by the time you get there, but try to be there. Just show up. Even if only Nora sees you. She will know your intention then."
She encouraged me and I swallowed my urge to cry. I grabbed my keys and kissed my mom on the head. I grabbed a jacket since it was pouring rain outside and went into the car to drive off.

The streets were almost empty and tragic wasn't a problem at all. The biggest problem was the weather that stood in my way to see clear. But I was driving fast regardless of the fact that it was raining hard. I was almost halfway there. I took a short cut that went through another woods but I didn't even get in far as I had to drift into a grave on the side of the road. A deer ran right in front of me which took me off the road within seconds.

I tried to hit the break as I was pulling to the right to not hit the deer but instead I crashed and hit a tree.

...

Y/n: I know I know. Another cliff hanger but y'all now I love them. But I don't love falling down the cliff like Natasha did. Okay that joke hurt.

I just love keeping you on your top toes 😏

Stay tuned
Until next time
Peace and love ✌🏽❤️

~S