Police station

Narrator POV

„Officer Sanches, please get the file ready for the prisoners transport." was what Nora heard Muffed outsides where some police officers where doing their work. Some steps became lighter because they removed themselves from that hallway, but one specific pair became heavier until they stopped in front of Nora's door where she was sitting in silence. As if she has accepted her fate.

„Nora?" Nora looked up as she heard a familiar female voice.

„Lesley? What are you doing here?" Nora asked as she forgot for a moment that Beth's girlfriend is a police officer.

„What does it look like? I am working and they gave me your file but I didn't want it to be true. That you are actually getting into prison for it. You did everything out of self defense."  she replied with sarcasm but that faded away quickly as she began to sound worried.

„Well. The judge and jury see it differently. I think I will be transported today." she answered as Nora was cracking her fingers. She can't punch anything or anyone so she has to put her feelings into something. Most of the time it happens to her hands. She curls her fingers into a fist and presses so hard onto them to leave nail prints behind in the palm of her hand.

„What about Ruby? Didn't she manage to get you out of it? I know her work and she is one of the best lawyers I know."

„Well, turns out that even the best of best can't help me out if this shit. I am doomed Lesley." Nora replied while letting out a sigh.

„Don't say that. There has to be something wrong. Something is definitely not going the right way. I've read similar cases like yours before and the victims always get out of it. It was never your fault nor intention. It was simply a life or death situation. I've seen the scene. I was there after it happened."
She began to explain and became a bit angrier with every word and thought.

„I know you were and I can remember how it happened all to well. It will never leave my mind. But we don't have the power over any life decisions of mine anymore."

„Nora you sound defeated. This is nothing like you. Why does it seem like you are giving up?"

„I am not giving up Lesley. I am giving in. I can't change my fate. I am not even able to influence it anymore. I'm just so tired Lesley. I can't do it anymore."

„Can't do what? Fight for your freedom? If not for that then fight for Lizzie. Nora... your kids. What about them?" she asked her worried.

„Lizzie has proven herself that she can and will take care of Chase and Quinn. They have their mama and they will be fine after some time."

„No! They need their mom too!!!"

„No shit Sherlock as if I didn't know that already?
I just can't change anything about my situation anymore. I don't have any power about what will happen next! This son of a bitch that died still got what he wanted. Split me apart from my kids a-and from Lizzie, I-."

„Hey!!! Prisoner shut your voice down or we will do it for you!" another officer has appeared behind Lesley but she pushed him back.

„Zeth you better shut it. I've had enough-."

„Enough of what? Yeah that's what I thought. Remember your place Lesley." he warned her and she staid silent.

„Y'know. Ever since we met in the police academy I've always had that disgusting gut feeling about you. Just because you crawl up our chief's asses doesn't mean that you run this place."

„Yeah and just because your parents were high ranked agents doesn't mean that you can do whatever you want to."

„Officer Keith! Dante is ordering you into his office." another police officer appeared but that Zeth kept his eyes on Lesley. As if they were glued there. Trying to intimidate her but Lesley stood her ground and eventually he backed off.

„Watch your Back Officer Sanches." he whispered to her but Nora was definitely able to hear it since it echoed a bit into her cell.

„Are you okay?" Nora asked as she got up to get closer to the cell door.

„Of course. I'm great." Lesley answered while coughing a bit to fix her voice. Nora knew this was a blunt lie but she didn't want to push her to share her backstory with this ass of an police officer.

„I have some things to take care off. I will prepare everything for your transport even if I don't want to. I have some connections with some prison workers. We can get you into a singular cell so you don't have to share a dorm with real criminals. But I will also try my best to keep you out of it. This is a just in case scenario." Lesley explained what she was planning on doing and Nora already saw images in her head how she will end up in prison.

„Seems like I gotta makes friends with the color orange... it never really suit me."

„Oh you can definitely rock orange with your brown hair and sun kissed skin. But I will try my best that it will not even get that far."

„I think I'm gonna get a tattoo there. Maybe some piercings too. What you think? Of a cobra hugging my arm?" Nora replied as she showed off her arm making Lesley rub her eyes on frustration.

„I honestly don't get how you can make fun of anything. Especially in situations like this where you should be dead ass serious."

„Honestly me neither... I just think this is some sort of coping mechanism." Nora answered as she shrugged her shoulders.

„well at least you try your best with coping... it's better this way, than to not cope at all."

...