Evermore

Nora POV

A couple days passed and the silence between me and Lizzie was on going. I was currently cleaning out my closet out of boredom and I finally found some shirts that I have been missing for a while.

As I was folding my things again ,because sometimes I tend to just throw them In, a white blouse caught my eye. I know it's a blouse for a suit because I don't wear them casually cause that just ain't my style.

I grabbed it and unfolded it noticing that there is a huge wine stain on which confused me extremely.

„Why the fuck would I throw a stained shirt back into the closet?" I mumbled to myself because I never do that.

And out of a sudden it hit me and a wave of memories rushed through my head.
I was in a hallway by myself looking for Lizzie at this masked ball. I wanted to see her for one last time before moving away again. But after that event I never did.

She was in that satin green dress with that mask around her eyes. That green made her eyes pop out even more and she looked so elegant that night.

She accidentally spilled her wine over my blouse because we bumped into each other. She gave me that huge stain that I never washed off.
I remember now why I never washed it.
I did it purposely. I chose to keep this stain on my blouse because this was the only thing I had from her after I faked my death.

She tainted this blouse and my heart was already tainted by her. This is why I couldn't get myself to wash it. I thought to myself if this is the only and last thing I'd have from her I would keep it forever.
Because when I look at it I will remember what she means to me.

And that is everything.
She is everything I ever wanted.
Everything I ever needed.

And I remember now.
„fucking hell. Nora. I finally know her again. I remember my past with her." I cried out. My tears rolled down onto my glasses, and from there on a little pile builded up until they started to fall down onto the blouse. The pink reddish spot became darker as the tears dropped down onto them.

I sat there for a while and as I reminisce I couldn't help but to smile to myself. I was grinning through my tears. How could I forget her? Was all I could ask myself.

And she never cared to tell me? That we were lovers? I felt like there was more behind it but I always wanted to have this approved from her. That we were more than bait friends. More than just fuck buddy's or a student and professor.

I got myself up and laid the blouse down on the edge of the bed. I need to confront her. I need to see her and I need to do that as quick as possible.
But I have to look presentable when I knock on her parents door.

I hopped into the shower and let the door to my bathroom slightly open so that I could still hear my kids if they would call for me.
It was rough to shower with one hand because the other is still in pain from that fucking punch I landed. But I was almost halfway through after more than 15 minutes until I heard steps coming up the stairs.

The bathroom door got slammed open, and since the bathroom floor was a bit wet from the mess I made with one hand,  Chestnut slid into the shower and made me slip so I would collapse down onto the shower floor.

„Fuck!! CHESTNUT!!!" I yelled out in pain as I landed on my arm that wasn't damaged but now it is.

„Get out of here you don't need to shower!!" I pushed him out so that he'd stand there in front of me with those fucking puppy eyes in an apologetic way.

„Don't look at me like that. Your puppy eyes won't fix my arm. How am I supposed to shower now?"
I yelled at him and he whined.

„Ugh. Fine. I am sorry for yelling." i apologized and he wiggled with his tail again.

„You clumsy ass golden retriever will be the Death of me one day. But I still don't know what to do without you." I told him angry and loving at the same time. Mind you, I was still laying there naked and covered in soap and shampoo while I had this full on conversation with Chestnut.

With my bad luck I started to hear my phone ring downstairs. I obviously couldn't get it so I let out a whine that was a mix of frustration and pain since my arm was hurting like hell.

„Why is it always me who gets into those fucked Up situations?" I asked myself as I felt the water still fall down onto me. I couldn't reach the shower handle since I was still laying there holding my arm in pain.

„Chestnut! Can you go and get my phone?"
I asked him and he went to the other side of the bathroom to grab me toothpaste from the shelve.

„Chestnut i love you but this won't help me at.
THIS IS NOT A PHONE!!" I became louder and he whined again.

„I am sorry! But who do want me to reach with this kids toothpaste that should taste like fucking strawberry's! The tooth fairy?? Huh?" I argued sarcastically and he barked.

„Sometimes I really doubt that you have a working brain cell." he barked again and I rolled my eyes on him.

„QUINN!!! CHASE!!!!" I yelled out trying to reach out to them and I had to do it a couple of times until I heard some footsteps coming upstairs.

„Mom? Is everything okay?" Quinn asked as he stood in front of the door.

„Buddy! Can you go and grab my phone please? I slipped and fell and I it hurts to move."

„Chase is on your phone now." he answered.

„Wait why?" I asked him and only now I started to notice that I don't hear my phone ringing anymore.

...

A/n: AHHHH WE FINALLY GOT TO THE GOOD PART!!

Honestly I am so glad that I finally got to bring out this turn around of the story. I've been sick of the bad stuff by now. I kept that shit going for so long haha

Anyways

Stay tuned
Until next time
Peace and love ✌🏽❤️

~S