After all this time

Lizzie POV

„Here. I thought you might want one." she placed a glass of wine into my free hand while I was stirring the food with my other.

„Thank you." I responded while letting our glasses clink together.

„What are we cheering for?" I asked her and she shrugged her shoulders while she leaned against the kitchen counter watching me cook.

„I don't know To me. You. Life. Us?" she told me a bit unsure but I nod and raise my glass again.

„To me who has been waiting to have you back. To you, because you've been waiting to come back home. To life and hopefully we can live it together to the fullest and last but definitely not least. To us and to the hopefully bright future that we will have ahead of us."

„Wow. I couldn't have said it any better. Do I have a poet in my house?" she joked as we clinked our glasses again. We sipped on it for a moment and let the glasses stand on the kitchen counter.

„I think in every person slumbers a tiny poet."
I replied while shrugged my shoulders.

„Yeah maybe there is something true about that."
She mumbled and grabbed a sliced cucumber that laid in the salad bowl.

„Hey! No snacking before lunch is served."
I warned her and she raised her hands in innocence.

„Sorry ma'am. I am starving I haven't had food in a while... especially something good." she elaborated and now she makes me feel bad about lecturing her.

„Okay you can snack. But not that much." I gave in and she already had her fingers on the kitchen counter.

„I was thinking about something." I added as she was chewing on a paprika slice.

„I can tell you are. So spill the beans babe."
She mumbled as she was talking with food in her mouth. Did she just... babe me? Was that the first babe card? What do I do? How do I react? Am I blushing? Oh god I think I am.

„Ehh. About my family..." I started trying to not make a big deal out of it even if it is to me.

„Yeah we wanted to meet them right? But I don't know if they want to meet a single mom with two kids, who is a murderer and who was in prison not even 24 hours ago. You might wanna tell them that so they can reconsider their decision."

„Hey. Listen. They know you so far and they know the bad stuff too because I keep them updated. They are willing to meet you. All of them are. Not just my parents." I told her as I took a hold of her hand that was resting on the kitchen counter.

„Are you sure? I mean I am on hell of a mess and-." she rambled and I squeezed her hand lightly to reassure her.

„They are certain. Don't speak so low of yourself. You are special to me and I want you to meet them all. Besides I met your family too and it's about damn time you meet mine as well." I told her and she nod.

„Yeah we can just cut mine out of the frame at this point. I still don't know how to handle them. Especially now with Chase and Quinn. I am sure they want to know them. Meet their grandparents and uncles and aunt."

„We can decide that with time. There is no need to rush it just because we meet mine now."
I told her and she nod.

„There is one thing that has been bugging me for a while now." she spoke up and I took the pot to the table where the plates stand. Nora took our glasses of wine and refilled them a bit. I put us both some food onto the plate and watched her carefully and a bit worried cause she almost chucked that whole glass down.