Goodbye but the „good" is missing

Narrator POV

Lizzie stopped at the cell door where Nora was sitting in, waiting to be transferred to prison.
She looked at the bench beneath her and started to realize that actually criminals used to sit in here as well. Thieves, rapists, or serial killers. Now she's is one who sits in here too and this is sending a shiver down her spine so heavy that she can't sit down again.

Now that she is trapped in here too she starts to feel like she is at the right place. People think she belongs here. They judged her for that. For killing the one who abused her for so many years. As she thought that she finally got rid of him he came back and ruined almost everything. He indeed did ruin a lot.

Her self esteem, her self love, the respect she had for herself, her trust, her reliance and patience and warmth has been broken shattered and killed. He drained her. Ruined her. He was that long lasting parasite that sucked the life out of her.

Until she became a mother. She didn't know how to love herself again. She always thought that loving herself would be only able if she'd achieve it on her own. As it says ‚self love'. But the love her kids gave her nurtured her self love and made her heal in a way that she didn't expect.

And then there is Lizzie. Deep down Nora knows that Lizzie has bonded with her in a way that she never had with anybody. This is what is terrifying Nora the most. Even if it is the best and most beautiful part about it. But this vulnerability she has in front of her.. that she can't hide herself even if she wants to and even if she try's it sometimes. It's not possible.

Lizzie know when something is going on. So does Nora. They don't know what immediately, but they sense each other. And even now. As Lizzie is standing in front of Nora's cell door. She can see how terrified Nora is even if it doesn't look like it from the outside. She is just walking around in her cell. Not stopping at all.

„I can only give you a couple of minutes. We are almost ready for her transportation." an officer explained as he opened the door for her to enter.

Nora stopped in her track as she saw who entered. The one and only one who can put her mind at ease most of the times.

They both held in for a moment. Without saying anything. They just take each other in. And before Lizzie was able to say anything Nora fell into her arms like a worried little girl. Lizzie kept quiet and replied with hugging her back too.

Everything Nora heard was Lizzie heart beat. It was a bit faster than usual. A normal heartbeat wouldn't be as fast as Lizzie's is now. But yet as Nora was able to hear this, even for a brief moment made her calm down.

„I am so sorry Lizzie I-." Nora began to apologize while still being held by her.

„Hey no touching!!" the guard from outside yelled at them a bit tensed. The two lovers separated themselves from each other yet again.

„I will get you out of here. Don't worry dear.
I will do anything and everything to bring you home." Lizzie told Nora as she had to her urge back to hug her again.

„Don't. I deserve-."

„For god sake. Nora you never deserved any of this. Don't let other people talk you into believing things like this."

„Well it is easy to believe since the judge and jury have decided against me.. seems like Viktor still has me in a choke hold even though he is six feet under." Nora fired back as she rubbed her temple trying to get rid of this tension around her head.