Doomed

Lizzie POV

The hammer sealed the condemnation and I couldn't help but to get up to yell at the judge.

„Your honor there is no way you will let her get into prison for this!!! She is a mother!! She has children waiting for her to come home!! A family!! Friends!! She is and was the victim of those crimes all along!!" I went to the front and police officers held me back.

„I will and I just did! Miss this has been sealed and there is no way around. She will be imprisoned." he answered as he hammered the hammer once again making me flinch unintentionally.

„Nora! Hey don't you dare try to touch her!!!
This isn't fair!!!" I yelled as I see how they cuff Nora's hands. She didn't say anything at all. She was silent all the time. There was no tear. No nothing. As if life has left her body already. Zero emotions.

„Your honor!!! Please!! You've looked through the files and the facts are clear!!! She is innocent. This was all out of self defense!!"

„I would suggest for you to lower your voice miss!!" He warns me.

„Or else what? Will you arrest me too?" I asked and he raised a brow.

„I sure do have the power to do so. So I would suggest for you to keep it low. At least one of you should take care of the kids." he fired back and got up to leave.

„She saved my life your honor! She jumped in front of me and almost died!! Is this not a sign that she is a good person? It is isn't it!!" he didn't stop walking away even though I wasn't done with this conversation. He kept on going while holding his head low.

„Nora!!! Love!! Listen I will get you out of this mess okay!" I ran back as they were already walking Nora out. I saw Ruby on the phone and I bet she is already trying everything she can to keep Nora out of prison.

„Miss stay back! You can visit her in the police station before we drive her to prison."
The officer pushed me back and I had no chance to get to her. If I would punch an officer they'd arrest me and I can't do that. I have to be with our kids now.

Before they pushed her head down so she'd get into the car she glanced towards me one last time mouthing me an „it's okay, I'll be fine"

„Ruby!! Please tell me you can fix this?? There has to be a way to get her out." I asked as I saw how the police car drove away.

„There is but it is a risky thing."

„What is it? I don't care! I will move heaven and hell for her so she'd come out!"

„We investigate against the judge and jury."
She answered and I was really confused.

„I've been working on a case that isn't really a case. It's not official at least. I didn't want it to come true but whenever I am In court with judge Harris something bad happens. Most of the people who get imprisoned are clearly innocent and others who should get imprisoned get free."

„So he is corrupt?? For gods sake how fucked up can the system be?" I cussed while rubbing my eyes.

„If we prove that the jury or the judge has been corrupted the case will be opened again and a new judge with a new jury will decide. Or sometimes another judge just reads the case and all the files and decides on its own."

„Okay. How fast can this be done?"
I asked impatiently.

„Usually weeks or months. But I've been working on this for a while already so it shouldn't take that long."

„so this means she will be in prison for a while. Right?" I asked and Ruby staid silent. She nod slightly.

„I don't think Nora has the financial stability to bail herself out of it and neither do you. But theoretically we might get the chance to pay a deposit to get her out. But she would stay under strict house arrest. Until I solve everything and get the jury or judge behind bars."

„It's not that important if she is under house arrest or not. At least she wouldn't have to step foot into prison. I don't want her there I don't know if she can take another burdensome thing."

„How much money is it?" I added and she looked through her papers.

„Probably over 200.000 $ she's been charged with murder first degree."

„Okay. I might have a way to get that money."

„Are you sure? It's a lot of money."

„I am sure. I've been calling someone earlier anyways because I wanted them to attend but they didn't come. I will get the money. You will do the paper work." I told her and she nod while grabbing her phone to answer the call.

„Paul I will call you back in a moment alright."
She hung up the call and pulled her attention back to me.

„I've been wanting to get this bastard of a judge out of the way for years. This is the perfect opportunity. If you'd see how he worked and who he put behind bars. You'd go even more insane then now." she told me and I can only imagine how corruptive he is.

„Wait. I have an idea."

„I'm all ears."

„If you have another case with him soon you can try to corrupt him. We will film it and he will get charged for it. Following on that he will get into prison and Nora will be free."

„That is an option too we have to keep it in mind. If nothing works with the way I do it we will do it your way."

„Great. Now let's go and see Nora at the police station."

„I have good connections with them all. I might be able to pull them onto my side when I show them the evidence I have."

„Good. We have to pull on all strings to get her out of this situation." I added as we started to walk to our cars.

A/n: hey everyone sorry for being offline for a while haven't really pulled myself together to write another chapter. But I won't leave u hanging. I'll try to update more

Thanks for sticking around

By the way I know I am late but happy pride even though the month is almost over 🫶🏼

Stay tuned
Until next time
Peace and love ✌🏽❤️

~S