Chapter 3

One minute, Kassia was sitting in the mess hall with Annabeth and Grover, impatiently waiting on Percy to rejoin them. The next, Percy and a stranger were sitting themselves down beside them at the table, while Annabeth quickly disappeared.

Kassia instantly noticed the scowl on Percy's face, but she couldn't be bothered too long with her moody best friend. Her eyes quickly snapped up to the stranger, looking right into his eye.

Yes, you heard that right. Eye, as in one singular eye. Percy's brother was a cyclops- a child of a god and a nymph to be exact.

"Tyson, Kassia and Grover. Grover and Kassia, Tyson," Percy grumbled out as an introduction as he un-amusedly gestured between the three teens.

"Hi...." Kassia and Grover breathed out as they stared in awe at the young cyclops before them. Grover was surprisingly more interested than scared of this cyclops. He looked nothing like the ones that he had ran into all those years ago, the ones that killed Thalia.

Kassia on the other hand gaped at Tyson. She had never before seen a cyclops with her own eyes. She found him quite....interesting.

Kassia's eyes widened even more when his eye snapped to hers. His smile widened as he looked into her eyes. Tyson thought right then that he had never before seen a pair of eyes so beautiful.

"Hey!" He energetically returned the greeting to the two teens. They were still staring at him, but he didn't mind. He was used to it as long as they didn't run away screaming in fear.

He gave one last smile and looked down at his plate that he had set down in front of himself. It was filled with plenty of grapes and cheese, as well as a smidge of different fruit and a piece of bread. He couldn't wait to dig into some real food, and not whatever he had managed to scrounge up in the woods like he was accustomed to.

Kassia let her eyes wander around the table for a moment, fidgeting from the silence. Percy was sulking, head on his hand, and not eating his food. Grover was lifting a fork to his mouth, biting down on his food and chewing without removing his stare from the cyclops at the table. Tension was especially high, not only at their table but across the mess hall.

Kassia also noticed that everyone in the camp was shooting glances at Tyson, ranging in emotions. Her wandering gaze finally came across Annabeth, who was sitting with her siblings at the table claimed by the offspring of Athena. Kassia's eyebrows scrunched up in confusion when she realized that Annabeth looked completely infuriated. If looks could kill, Tyson would be dead right about now.

Speaking of Tyson, Kassia's attention was brought back to her table-mates by his voice.

"So, you're the big shot here, right?" He began as he looked pointedly at his brother. "You saved the world and stuff."

Kassia couldn't help but feel a small smile on her lips. Tyson was extremely unbothered by all of the staring around him, and didn't let it effect his upbeat attitude. She admired that about him straight away.

"Yeah. Yeah," Percy brushed him off.

Kassia was a bit disgruntled at Percy's behavior. Even though it didn't seem to bother Tyson much, Kassia decided to try to salvage the atmosphere at the table by doing what she did best- poking fun at Percy.

"You know, Percy is the absolute best when it comes to saving the world."

Percy's eyebrow quirked up at the words of the brunette, skeptical at what she was getting at. Tyson looked up at her with his full attention, excited to learn more about his newfound brother.

Knowing she had their focus, she continued. "He's so great, in fact, that they haven't let him go on any quests lately. You know, to give the other campers a chance."