𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟐

-𝑨𝑳𝑬𝑿-

I had just arrived back at the hotel. That Morgan girl was doing something to me. She had a strong sunshine girl energy that rubbed off at me the second our eyes met. Her sand blonde hair in that braid and her bright blue eyes and her perfect white teeth with those plump lips smiling at me did something to me. Her accent wasn't just American but you could hear she's a country girl. Her clothing choice also gave it away a little bit. I opened my phone and went to instagram. I wanted to take a look at the girl.

Her whole page was full of horse pictures or at least country pictures

Her whole page was full of horse pictures or at least country pictures. How did a girl like her end up in a cruel sport world like this? I let out a chuckle because of her caption. All woman are crazy pick yourself and roll with it. That's an original one at least. Quoted by her dad apparently. I smiled at it before I quickly made it disappear. I'm smiling because of a girl I barely know. I had already eaten. Logan and I went out for dinner to get to know each other a little better. I just took a shower and went to bed afterwards deciding on an early night.

After waking up this morning I got ready in my hotel and then walked to my rental car. I drove out of the garage and saw a familiar girl waiting there. Morgan. She was scrolling on her phone as she wore a similar outfit to yesterdays but different colors. Her hair in a low messy ponytail as strands were falling out everywhere. I stopped besides her and rolled down the window.

"Need a ride to the factory?"

"If you don't mind?"

She smiled widely at me and and opened the door for her from inside of the car. She climbed in with her backpack and closed her door. She clicked on her seatbelt and I started my drive. I looked to my side to see her side profile. Her ears were pierced in a few different places only her right ear contained 7 piercings already. I think it suits her. She looked at me and smiled softly. I gave her a soft smile back while looking back at the road.

"How come people say you never smile but you smiled at me a few times already?"

"Believe me... I don't know. My last girlfriend broke me into pieces and I've never found a reason or a thing to smile for or about again."

"But why smile at me and not at Hadley or a girl more like her?"

"Hadley is a nice and polite girl but she's not like you."

"Like me?"

"Mhm. You're just you. You're who you want to be not how people want you to be. It's rare in this world now a days."

"I'm taking that as a compliment. Thanks."

I had to try my hardest to not smile again. Her voice was quite low for a girl but it was a comfortable kind of low. She's one of those people who you warm up to instantly. Where you don't even know them but just feel alright and safe with. Like if you told them your biggest secret they would keep it in their hearts till the day they die. That kind of feeling is what she gave me and it's a feeling I've felt once in my life before. With George to be specific. We sat in silence as we drives the remaining minutes to the factory. When we arrived we both climbed out grabbing our bags.

"Thanks for the drive."

"No problem."

We walked inside together and both went to our office. She only threw her bag inside and then walked to the office on the other side. The one that belongs to Hadley. She closed the door but even thought the door was closed I could still hear the high pitched voice of the brunette. I went inside of my own office and dropped my stuff off. I closed the door behind me locking it before making my way to the simulator to get some practice in. In 2 months we would start racing again. Testing days were even nearer then the race and I felt excited about that! After racing on the simulator for a few hours I went to the cafeteria to lunch and sat down at one of the empty tables. I started eating while scrolling on my face. Hadley and Morgan sat down in front of me and talked together.

"Jeez you're always in a good mood aren't ya?"

"Definitely am."

Morgan and Hadley both laughed softly. The sound made me more alert as Morgan her laugh was a nice sound to my ears. I looked at her through my eyelashes as she looked at Hadley with a smile on her face. She's stunning. The way her messy ponytail was hanging on her back and all the smaller strands fell over her ears and a little bit her face made her look cute. Those sweet eyes always looked... no screamed their happiness out. She was one of those people who is giving it all to live happily. She's... a sunshine for people between the gray and rainy clouds. I looked back at my food as the two girls were chatting. I listened to them as I was enjoying my food. They were talking about work so it was quite useful for me to listen. I even added some things to their things if they forgot something. It fell silent for a little bit before Hadley... of course... was the first to speak up again.

"Morgan I've been dying to know if you really wear one of those cowboy hats like in movies!"

"I do wear them. They're comfy if they're fitting."

"Oh my! You're living a movie worthy life!"

"I guess I am yes."

"You have horses as well right?"

"I do. We've 50 acres of land at home. That's filled up with 20 horses. But we're with 6 people at home so we've like 4 horses each. Oh and we have some cows. I love the calfs. They're so cute. The goats are cute as well. Especially the baby's!"

"6 people?"

"Mhm. My mom has 5 horses. All are retired so they're just enjoying there life in the fields and in the stables at night. My dad had 3. One retired and the other 2 he still rides. My 3 brothers Callum, Mason and Dalton have 4 horses each. They're competing on a high level as well. Last I have 4 horses for my competitions."

"So you just threw away your career to come here?! Your crazy."

"I didn't throw it away. I'll be competing in between races probably."

"You know that Mick Schumachers sister is a western pleasure rider right? Do you know her?"

"I don't know her. I'm more of a barrel racing and cutting kind of western."

"That sounds sooo cool oh my god."

So she has 4 brothers... that's quite a lot. Also a lot horses and then cows... she has a whole farm as a home. Must be peaceful out there.

(1204 words)