Chapter Nineteen

Hey, guys :) WOW 1630+ reads! That's amazing thank you all! How are you? Hope y'all are doing quite spiffy! Aha so here is chapter nineteen! Hope you guys like it! xx -Janellexox

Chapter Nineteen

Skylar's POV

The morning light leaked in through the white curtains, illuminating the room slowly. The beep of the life support machine gave off a rather annoying rhythm. I sat on the cool tile floor, my arms wrapped around my knees. I had been trying for hours, just trying to get my thoughts wrapped around getting back into my body. Light tears fell from my eyes. I was a complete mess but I didn't care. I wanted to do this. More than anything.

Niall was fast asleep next to me on the bed, the doctors had kept him for observations but during the night he got off his bed and curled up next to my body. I wanted to be next to him, I wanted to feel his warmth.

"I want to go back," I cried. "I need him. I need to be with him. He needs me, I need him," I cried over and over again. "Please. I want to, I need to go back," The warm feeling I had felt once before entered my chest. "No!" I pleaded. "No. I don't want to die, I want to go back! I want to go to Niall!" My whole body began to ache, the feeling getting stronger, more powerful than the time before when I had a seizure. "No!" I screamed. "I want to go back," My body felt as if I was on fire and being tugged by a truck. I cried out a light suddenly blinding me. "No, please, I don't want to die," I whispered. The bright light began moving towards me quickly, it looked like something from the movie Poltergeist. It engulfed me suddenly, and all I saw was black.

I felt a warm hand resting in mine, and a warm breath tickle my skin.
"Please come back," Niall's voice breathed out onto my skin. A hand squeezed mine lightly pressing its warmth to my cool skin. I gasped in surprise and peeled my eyes open quickly, a fiercely bright light blinding me. I shut them again, and moaned.
"Skylar?!" Niall screamed. My vision was blurry. I blinked rapidly, trying to regain my sight. It took a while but eventually I was able to see again. Niall was standing next to me tears streaming down his face. He had a shocked look on his face and his eyes bulged out of their sockets.
"Niall?"
"You're awake," He whispered before bending down and pressing a very long and precious kiss to my forehead. The emotion he was trying to express was so intense it took my breath away. "I can't believe this," He smiled looking down at me after pulling back and giving me a chance to breathe. "You came back to me," He said again, still smiling.
"I promised you I would," I whispered. “I told you many times I'd never leave you, babe.”
"I should go get the doctor," He said quickly. "I'll be right back." He placed a chaste kiss on the back of my hand before sprinting out the door. My gaze followed after him until he was no longer in sight.

I was completely stunned. I didn't think it would work. The pain I had felt while sitting on the tile floor scared me so much I thought I was dying. I looked down at my feet trying to see if this wasn't an illusion. I slowly tried moving my body trying to feel things. It was real. This was actually reality, I was back.

Suddenly Niall ran back in the doctor following behind him. The doctor looked at me shocked, he smiled widely before coming over to check me out.
"How are you feeling, Skylar? Any serious pain?" He questioned.
"I feel...well," I shook my head. I wasn't sure how I felt. I still didn't believe it was reality. “Wait, is this real? Like, am I actually alive?” I asked

“Yes, this is real. Are you in pain?” He asked again.

“Not really, no. I feel pretty tired, and slightly weak. I'm quite hungry,” I said as I felt my belly rumble.

He chuckled and introduced himself, “My name is Dr. Chase. I've been working on you're case along with another Doctor, Dr. Lila. But you're condition is wonderful. I'm sure we can find something for you to munch on in a little while,” He ran through some tests just to make sure everything worked properly. My body was a little slow and achy but everything seemed to be fine. Niall watched behind the doctor, his face forming an enormous grin.
"That's so strange," The doctor muttered. "We have never had a patient go through what you have and make it out perfectly fine. You are clearly a miracle."

I smiled weakly and thanked the doctor for everything. "It's no problem at all. I'm going to go check on another patient and I will be back in a while to check on you. I'll see if I can find something to eat as well," He smiled before heading out the door.

Niall jumped up and instantly engulfed me into a hug. The warmth he gave off was pleasing and I craved it more than anything. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him on the bed next to me. He wrapped his arms around me and held me to his body.
"I missed you so, so much," He whispered.
"I know. I missed you too," I replied quietly.
"Were you really there? The entire time?" He asked, suddenly becoming serious.
"Yes. I could see everything. It was the weirdest thing I've ever gone through," I whispered. "I tried coming back so many times, but it's never worked until just now,” I smiled through the tears that were threatening to spill over. Niall took my hand in his, leaned in and kissed my temple.

“Get some rest, princess. You've been through a lot and I know you're tired. I'm never going anywhere.”

- Written by @Janellexox

WHAT DID YOU THINK!? WERE YOU EXPECTING IT!?!? This isn't the end! Don't quit on us now! We have more stored for you! Aha well first one to comment gets dedication next chapter! Thank you all for reading! It means so much to us!

Hit us up on twitter  Janelle: @BYENell1D Rachel: @BYERachellyn

Love you all Btw Rachel is leaving Wednesday morning for a trip to Orlando, Florida with her orchestra. She'll be back a week from today, (Sunday) so, before she goes away, you'll all be getting an extra early update! xx -Janellexox