Chapter Twenty-Seven

Niall's POV

Yesterday, once we had gotten home from the hospital, Skylar went to work on some music. She only had a few weeks before she was going to leave for America. I was so glad she was still going after her dream. It made me extremely proud to know she was still willing to go after what she had wanted for years.

I sat outside the door of her music room, my back resting on the wall as her beautiful music floated through our flat. Liam had called me later that night trying to help me plan for Skylar and I's anniversary.

"I don't know what to do Liam," I mumbled running a hand through my wet hair.
"Well, you know how she used to always bring up stories about your guys' past? She's always reliving her past in her head, maybe you can incorporate something from your past, something she loves," He said. At his words, an incredible idea popped into my head and I smiled widely.
"That's really smart, Li! You just gave me a huge idea. Thank you so much! I'll text you details later! Thanks again, mate! Love ya!" I continued smiling excitedly and hung up the phone. I had a great idea thanks to Liam, I knew exactly what to do now, she was going to love the idea that was running around in my mind. I was determined to make up all the times that needed to I left her alone.

I ran my finger across Skylar's nose, she scrunched up her face causing me to chuckle in amusement. I ran my finger over it again, and she groaned, her eyes peeling open.
"Why?" She mumbled looking up at me.
"Because, you're cute," I chuckled. "And because you need get up, I'm taking you some where, beautiful."
"Can't I sleep for another hour...please, Niall?" She asked stretching her arms out.
"Nope, we can't be late." I shook my head.
"Fine, this better be good," She pouted, but shoved herself out of bed anyways. I laughed at her kissing her nose.
"Go get dressed and I'll make you some tea." I smiled at her cuteness and poked her lip with my finger.
"Yay!"

I smiled widely and headed out of the room to make her tea. She was still obsessed with tea and I will never stop blaming Louis. Maybe I should make him pay the bills for shipping it all the way from Yorkshire. I set the kettle up and waited patiently at the table for her to come down stairs. The whistle from the kettle rang out and I jumped up to turn the boiler off. Just as I did, Skylar entered the kitchen. She had on a brown shirt, with a large baby pink treble clef that made it's way into a heart design. She had some simple white jeans on with matching brown boots. Her hair was in its natural curls but she had pulled it up into a pony tail, causing it to fall at her mid back.
"You look, adorable, Sky." I smiled and slid the mug towards her.
"Thank you," She took hold of the mug, cupping it with her small hands. "So what are we doing today?" She questioned after she took a sip of the steaming tea.
"Surprise," I smiled. She gave me a glare and continued to sip on her tea. I chuckled to myself and grabbed a banana from the counter, I had already eaten but of course, I was still hungry. "Want anything to eat?"
"Starbucks," She smiled widely. I laughed at her response, another thing Louis got her obsessed with.
"That's not something you eat, but we can stop on the way if we leave now,"
"Alright, deal," She cheered, jumping down from her seat, she grabbed a lid for her mug, sealing it tight. "Do I need to bring anything?" She questioned.
"Nope," I shook my head.
"Okay!" She reached out for my hand, I took hers willingly, intertwining our fingers.

When outside and in the garage, I opened the door for her as she carefully slid into my Range Rover. I ran around to the other side and jumped in. I started the engine and grabbed the CD I had placed in the car this morning and gently slid it into the dock. I put the car into drive and headed down the road towards our destination.

For being in London, the day was beautiful outside. The sun was shinning and it was unusually warm. It was absolutely perfect for what I had planned later that day.

The familiar chords of Jason Walker's Kiss Me floated through the car. I looked over at Skylar, her face lit up and she smiled sweetly at me. It was the exact reaction I was hoping to get out of her, this was one of her favourite songs, it was the first song I had ever sang to her when we began dating.