Chapter Twenty-Three

Hey guys, sorry our updating has been off lately. We both have been busy and sick, lots of bugs going around yeah? Well here's the update! We will update Thursday like normally! First one to comment or tweet will get a dedication next chapter! xx -Janellexox

Chapter Twenty-Three 

Skylar's POV 

I grabbed my Mac and headed back into the kitchen. I set it down before Bradly and he brought up a new Google page. He began typing in words and instantly thousands of results popped up on the screen. He clicked on the first link which brought him to a Wikipedia page and I began reading over his shoulder.

"An out-of-body experience (OBE or sometimes OOBE) is an experience that typically involves a sensation of floating outside one's body and, in some cases, perceiving one's physical body from a place outside one's body," I read off. 

"Now there's different kinds of them. This is what I've always thought that Amy was going through. It makes perfect sense. Is this what if felt like? " Bradly questioned looking over his shoulder at me and pointing to the screen. 

It read, "Near-death experiences: Another form of spontaneous OBE is the near-death experience (NDE). Some subjects report having had an OBE at times of severe physical trauma such as near-drownings or major surgery," I gasped while reading. 

"Exactly! It was just like I was out of my body," I exclaimed, slightly frightened that this had happened to me. He nodded his head and shut my PC. I sat down next to him and placed my head in my hands. 

"You okay?" He asked rubbing my back. 

"I don't know, Bradly," I shook my head. "Ever since then it feels like I don't belong here. Like I was meant to die or something," I whispered. 

"What?" He asked nervously. 

"I feel like I should have been the one to die, not Jason. The car hit my side. He was thirteen," I cried. 

"Awe, baby," He hushed, reaching out for me and pulled me to his chest as I continued to cry. "There has to of a reason why you lived. There has to be a reason why it was just you who was strong enough to survive. God has a plan for all of us." 

"But that's the thing," I choked. "I choose to live," I sat up and looked up at him, furiously wiping the tears from my rosy red cheeks. 

"What?" 

"One day, I was to the point where I thought it would be better if I just died. I could be with my family, and Niall could go and live his dream life. He could get any girl he wanted..." I stuttered while Bradly urged me to keep going. "He could always find someone better than me. I convinced myself it would just be better. That was the day I had a seizure and almost died," I said just above a whisper. 

"You were obviously not meant do die, Skylar," He sad pushing my hair back soothingly. "Jason shouldn't have died, he was a strong kid. Just think if he was watching you, what would he tell you?" 

"He'd call me a baby, tell me to grow some balls, and move on," I chuckled slightly. 

"You don't necessarily need to move on and get over it, but there's obviously a reason why you lived, Skylar. You have a life to live and Niall needs you, you're his rock. It may seem like sometimes you guys need to be away from each other, but trust me when I say that boy is truly crazy about you, Sky," 

"Thank you," I smiled pulling him into a hug. 

"It's not a problem love. Now don't forget what I said, that boy loves you more than anything," He smiled warmly. 

"I won't," I shook my head.

Niall's POV

"Why would she talk to him and not me?" I asked the boys. I was laying on my back while the guys continued to play with the weird light up balls, we were still waiting for our vocal coach, Sarah and had plenty of time to kill. "Do you think I should go back?" I asked. 

"Niall, she's fine. You know that if she was in trouble or needed you she'd call. Quit worrying, she probably called him because she wanted to talk to him about Amy," Louis groaned. 

"Why wouldn't she talk to me though?" I asked sitting up. 

"Maybe because you worry to much?" He grumbled. 

"You'd worry too if the only girl you ever loved just woke up from a coma and used to be suicidal...You'd worry if she was at risk of completely loosing it because her entire family died in a car accident and she was the only one that survived. You know what? Screw you Louis! I thought you would be the one to understand something like this!" I screamed at him. I jumped up and ran out of the rehearsal room leaving them shocked on the floor.

"Good going, Lou." I heard Liam say and his running after me. I ran into the bathroom down the hall and slammed the door shut. I slid down the door and cried into my knees. They didn't understand and they never would. They didn't know what it was like to have this much pressure on one person. 

"Niall?" Liam's voice floated through the door as he jiggled the door handle. "Come on mate, open the door." I raised my head from my now soaking wet palms and slowly reached for the door handle. I unlocked the door and pulled it open slightly as I slouched back down onto the tile floor. I scooted over so he could enter the room and he looked down at me frowning. Liam bent down and sat next to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I leaned my head against his and sighed. 

"Talk to me, please," Liam nudged me with his arm. 

"What do you want me to say?" I snapped. 

"Anything, Nialler. Tell me what's on your mind. I know you need someone to talk to. I know you better than anyone in that room back there. I know what happens when you bottle things up and I, more than anyone, don't want this to happen again," Liam stated, looking towards my newly bandaged wrist. 

"What if she looses it again?" I choked out, looking at the floor. 

"She won't," He shook his head. "Look at me Niall!" My head snapped upwards to meet his intense gaze. Liam rarely ever snaps, that's what surprised me so much. After knowing he had all my attention, he continued, "After everything she's seen and been through, she won't loose it again, Niall. She's been through so much that she knows how to handle it better than anyone. She comes to you when she needs you, or she keeps her distance when she wants some space. You know all these things. Even if she does loose it, you know her so well that when something's wrong you're right by her side, Niall. I know you wouldn't ever even think about leaving her and I have a feeling she knows that as well. Niall, she loves you and hell, I know you love her. She and you will be just fine," Liam finished out of breath and I looked at him astonished. I can't believe how harsh he was. 

"I can't loose her, Li. You better be right," I said desperately. 

"You're not going to loose anyone. She's going to be right by your side as long as your at hers," He whispered. "She's not going to break again. Come on Niall, don't let this get to you. Go talk to her. If she asks for space, don't push her. Give her space and she'll come around, she always does. I'll tell Sarah you weren't feeling well so you went home," I nodded my head and wiped my face. He helped me stand up and I wrapped my arms securely around his waist pulling him into a hug. 

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice very shaky. Reluctantly, I let go our embrace and headed out the door.

Written by @Janellexox & @runawaydreammachine

So there ya go! :) Link on the sidebar is the Wiki page for OBE, take a look if you'd like. We hope you lot like it! Comment and vote, we'd really appreciate it! Follow us on twitter @BYENell1D & @BYERachellyn xx