Chapter Twenty

As promised, before I leave tonight, I'm posting Ch.20! I'm hoping that when I get back from Disney there will be 2000 reads and some new readers and comments for me to reply to! I wish you lot would talk to us more often, whether you're enjoying the story or not. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. - RachelLyn

Chapter Twenty

Skylar's POV

The cool breeze whipped my hair back, giving me slight goosebumps on the back of neck. The sun was threatening to break through the clouds but it was London, it was going to rain any second.

"Skylar," Niall's low voice sounded as he wrapped his arm around my waist. "It's starting to rain, we should to get going, babe."
"Give me a few more minuets," I shook my head. I stepped forwards and bent down to the freshly tussled dirt. I rested my hand on the cool black dirt as my tears threatened to spill. "I'm so sorry, Jason," I whispered squeezing my eyes shut. "It's not fair," I shook my head. "You had a great life ahead of you. You didn't deserve to die."

As expected, thousands of rain drops began to pour down from the sky, soaking my black lacy dress. I didn't care though. I wanted to say good bye to my family because I never had the proper chance.
"I'm sorry, mum. I never told you but I snuck out of the house when I was grounded because I wanted to go to the Swedish House Mafia concert. And dad, I'm sorry. I tried being the little girl you always wanted. I'm sorry I broke down and did all of those things. Trust me it was not your fault, you were amazing parents. You were the best parents any one could ask for. I won't break my promise. I will go to America and play for people like you told me to. I will follow my dreams," I whispered tears streaming down my cold wet face. "I love you,"

"Love, you're going to get sick we should go," Niall whispered leaning down next to me and wrapping his arms around me, pulling me up.
"Niall?" I asked softly turning around to look at him.
"Yes, Sky?" He looked at me with sweet caring eyes.
"Do you think they can see me like I could see you?" I asked.
"Yeah, I do. I believe they're up there looking down at us now," He nodded looking up at the sky, the dark gray clouds still pelting rain on us.
"I hope they can," I muttered, following his gaze. As if on cue a bright beam of sunlight burst through the dark black clouds and shone down on us. I smiled up at the sky, feeling the warmth radiate down on me.
"I think that answers your question," Niall chuckled quietly. I followed my gaze back down to him, he was smiling at me warmly. I returned the smile subconsciously and wrapped my arms around his waist. God, I miss him so much. I leaned forward and pressed a sweet kiss to his lips. He kissed me back passionately. Huh, cute. Kissing in the rain, whilst standing in a cemetery.

"Let's get going, I don't need you getting sick. We've both spent enough time with doctors these past two weeks," He whispered.
"Okay," I nodded as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We made our way towards his sleek range rover. Niall opened the door for me and I slid in trying my best not to get water all over the interior. Niall ran around to his side and jumped in. He started the engine and blasted the heat so we could attempt to dry off.

I took one last look at my parents grave. The cemetery workers were just finishing putting the tomb stones up, making it look like an official burial.
"I promise I'll come back every week Jason," I whispered before I nodded in Niall's and he took off down the street.

Niall's POV

Skylar had been released from the hospital after two days of observation. They gave her a brace for her ankle since it was still pretty torn up, and a ton of medications that she had to take just for healing purposes. I had been spending every moment outside of the studio at her house making sure things we going okay.

The day after she was released Skylar's aunt came over to see her. Aunt Meme said that they were having a funeral for her parents and Jason. She had been a little shaken up not knowing that they were planning it. She was told she could invite anyone she wanted, so of course I was there at her side. All the other guys were there as well.

During the funeral, she kept quite not muttering a single word. She smiled politely at the people who had attended. Other than that she only whispered little things to me. I stayed at her side the entire time just in case she needed me. I wasn't going to leave her side, ever.

Skylar had been quite distant ever since we left the hospital, she kept to herself most of the time while we were together. She'd crawl up on the window sill with her guitar, or sit at the piano, just playing random tunes. I was starting to become worried because she was never this quite. Sky was always loud and outgoing. I wanted to talk to her about what happened but I didn't think it was right. I wanted to give her time and space.

She was currently sitting on the floor in our bedroom her violin on her shoulder. She was outstanding when it came to playing any instrument involving strings. It amazed me how she could play so many instruments. I stood in the door way listening to her play. It was a familiar tune, but I couldn't place a name to it. I went back into the kitchen when I heard the tea kettle whistling.

Minutes later, I came back into the room carrying to mugs of tea, Yorkshire Gold, her favorite, thanks to Louis. She was still playing that familiar tune, and I was really starting to wonder what it was from. I set the mugs next to us on the floor and sat cross-legged in front of her.

"Hi, baby," I smiled warmly as she set her violin down next to her.
"Hi babe, thanks," She smiled weakly, taking her mug and pressing it to her lips.
“Sky, what were you just playing? I recognize it, but I've never heard you play it,” I asked.

“Well, actually it's that song Lou wrote for Amy,” She stated quietly. Then I realized it immediately. It was the string part to Saving Amy. She was playing the intro and it was even more beautiful than on the track Louis played for me in my living room.

“But...how? You don't even have music for it...are you playing it by memory? When did you hear it? He told me he'd never shown it to anyone before...Louis said I was the only one who knew...” I was baffled. I didn't understand how she had heard the song, let alone already know parts of it on the violin. She hadn't answered me just sat there sipping on her tea. She looked like she was having an internal battle with herself. "What's wrong?" I questioned.
"Nothing," She shrugged.
"Love, I know you better than that. I know when there's something wrong," I set my tea down on the floor and scooted closer to her, taking her in my lap.

“I was there, Niall. I was here when Louis showed you the song. I was standing on the balcony...the entire morning.”

Written by @runawaydreammachine and @Janellexox

Next update wont be until Sunday because I'll be in Florida. Dedication to @Niallinator4Life for tweeting us, thanks, love! Please comment, and vote! - RachelLyn