Chapter Twenty-Two

We both appoligze for not updating yesterday! Neither of us were thinking and it just slipped our minds. So, we're sorry. Thanks to everyone for commenting and voting, please keep that up! Dedication to @Tajnia1D for being a new commenter, thanks, love! - RachelLyn

Chapter Twenty-Two

Skylar's POV

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Niall asked for the fifth time.
"Yes, Niall. You need to go rehearsals and I'd like to practice," I stated pushing Niall towards the door of my flat.
"I don't want you to be all alone," He continued to whine.
"I'll be fine. I want to be alone for a while. If I get bored I'll call Annie or someone," I shrugged. "Now go you're already late." I planted a kiss on his lips and tried pushing him out the door once again.
"Promise me you will call me if you need anything," He pleaded, turning back around to face me.
"I promise, now go," I chuckled and planted one more kiss on his lips. "I love you," I muttered pushing him back towards the door.
"I love you too, Skylar," He sung and ran down the stairs. I slipped back into the flat and finally closed the door, locking it behind me. I headed into the living room and ploped down on the couch.

I didn't want Niall to stay here with me. He had his own priorities that needed to be taken care of. He was starting another small tour in just a few weeks and I really wanted to talk to Bradly. Louis had willingly given me his number after I asked for it. I wanted to know how he felt when he lost Amy, and how he coped with her absence. I was hoping he could help me get myself together.

I flipped through the contacts on my new mobile. Niall had insisted I needed new one because my old one was demolished in the car accident. He would check up on me every hour of the day, constantly worrying. I knew he would be worried so I allowed him to buy me a new mobile. It was better than having him here and following me around like a lost puppy.

I pressed the call button once I reached Bradly's contact, it rang five times till the familiar thick Yorkshire accent floated through my mobile.
"Hello?"
"Hi Bradly, it's Skylar."
"Oh, hey. What's up, love?"
"I was wondering if you would mind coming over to mine and Niall's flat? I just have some...stuff I'd like to talk about..." I wasn't sure what else to say other than that, but he quickly accepted.
"Sure thing, babe. I'll be over in a few."
"Okay, thank you. See ya then., I smiled before hanging up the phone. Bradly was always such a great guy. He was really out going like Louis, but he had become more subdued ever since Amy passed. Louis said that Bradly was always next to Amy when she was in coma as Niall was with me. I was hoping he could just tell me what he thought of everything that happened.

Just after I had finished filling the tea kettle with water, a loud knock came from the door and I rushed over to answer it. I pulled the door open to reveal the tall, handsome, brunette.
"Oh my god," He gasped, looking me over. "You look just like her..." Bradly stepped forward and placed his soft and gentle hand on my cheek. I flinched slightly at his cool touch and my skin was still sore from all the bruises I still had. "You look just like Amy did," He whispered, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. A silent tear rolled down his face and he smiled slightly. "I'm sorry..." He muttered letting his hand fall from my cheek and taking a half step back.
"It's fine. Come on in." I moved aside so he could walk in, shut the door behind him and motioned for him to follow me.
"Want a cuppa?" I asked heading back for the kitchen.
"Yes please," He nodded. I made my way into the kitchen and began rummaging around for mugs and the small olive green box. I turned on the burner and got two of the tea bags from the box.
"Yorkshire's finest?" I questioned holding up the small packages.
"I haven't had that in years," He smiled and nodded his head, his dark brown hair bouncing slightly on his forehead.
"Lou got me addicted when we met. Niall gets it mailed her in quite large quantities," I laughed setting the bags in the mugs.
"Doesn't surprise me. Amy got it from him too. I don't know what it is with that boy and his 'special' tea," He chuckled sitting down at the island in the middle of the kitchen. The kettle set of an annoying hum and I ran to take it off the burner. I poured the boiling water into each mug and set a mug in front of Bradly.
"Want honey?" I asked opening the cupboard again and pulling out the cute bear jar.
"Sure," He smiled as I poured it into both of our cups. I put everything back and joined him across the island.

"Why did you ask me to come here?" He asked after taking along sip from his cup. I sighed deeply and rested my elbows on the granite counter top.
"When I was in a coma, many strange events occurred," I sighed. He nodded for me to continue and sipped on his tea. "I don't know what it was, but somehow I don't think I was really in my physical body. I could see everything that happened around me. I watched everything. Sometimes I was able to get the guys to feel my presence," I looked up at Bradly to see an understanding gaze that was filled with unshed tears. "I followed Niall everywhere he went. I wanted to see his reaction to things and make sure he was okay. One day...” I took a deep breath and sipped my tea. “One day, I was watching from the balcony outside when Louis came over. He was so broken when he arrived and seeing how messed up Niall was only hurt him more. Eventually, Louis told Niall about your song for Amy and everything that happened. He mentioned something about you being able to feel Amy's presence as well?” He nodded his head as tears rolled down his face. I looked at him with pleading eyes to explain.
"When Amy was in her coma, it felt like she was always there...watching over me. Sometimes I swear I heard her voice and even feel her touching me at times," He took a shaky breath and continued, "After her death, I searched all over the internet for explanations. I only came across one thing that seemed to explain or was similar to what I was able to feel."

So what Louis told Niall was true...Bradly did feel Amy while she was in her coma. I was really interested in this and he's done some research of his own. I asked him to continue, letting him know he had my undivided attention.
"It's called an out of body experience...got a laptop? I'll see how well I can explain this to you.” I nodded immediately and went to retrieve the iMac from the bedroom.

Niall's POV

I ran into the studio, waving to some fans as I headed into the building. I made my into our rehearsal room. Liam and Zayn were sitting on the floor in a circle playing with some glowing balls, while Louis and Harry were sitting together in the lounge chair doing...well, who knows what.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. I was busy being shoved against a door..multiple times," I joked plopping down next to them. Zayn sent me an odd look and I just winked at him.
"No worries, Sarah is stuck in traffic," Liam shrugged and continued to play with the weird glowing object.
"What is that?" I chuckled.
"I'm not exactly sure...it's pretty though," He smiled picking the ball up and held it close to his face.
"You're so weird," I laughed bumping my shoulder with his.
"Thanks," He laughed handing me the ball. "How's Skylar doing?"
"She's doing alright. I'm kinda worried about her though,” Liam cut me off,

“Mate, you're always worried about her. Even before she was in the hospital and said she was going to Play World with Lux, you'd freak!” I smiled because it was true. I was always worried about Sky, she was everything to me.

“No, she's been really distant lately," I mumbled. "She kept shoving me out the door like she couldn't wait until I was gone. She said she was just going to chill and practice her music today."
"That's weird." Louis piped up, causing Harry to grown and grab his manhood.

“Oops, sorry Boobear!” Lou kissed Harry's cheek and came over to me handing me his phone. “Bradly texted me saying she called him and asked him to come over."
"Really?" I questioned looking over at the brunette. I looked down at his phone and sure enough there was a message from Bradly.

To – Bradly: Hey what's up? Want to hang out after rehearsals today? Nandos maybe?

From – Bradly: Sorry mate, Skylar just called and asked me to come over for a chat..I'm on my way there now.

I read the messages and slumped down on the floor. Something was really up with her and I was worried. Why would she talk to him and not me?

Written by @runawaydreammachine & @Janellexox

I hope you enjoyed! Please continue to comment, vote and tweet! @BYErachellyn & @BYENell1D Remember, new commenter, or tweeter gets a dedication!