Epilogue

Please read the A/N at the bottom! The song on the side is used in this.

Dedicated to a good friend, @cassidymarie14

Epilogue

Niall's POV

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock flashing 4:30am in bright red block letters. Skylar was still sleeping on the other side of the bed as I carefully forced my ass out of bed. It was the day we left for America. Skylar had finally found a recording company and was signed about three months earlier. Some guy called, Ryan had found her Youtube channel and watched a few performances of her opening for the guys and I. He had called me at first, asking if he could speak to her but I was so excited I hung up on him accidentally. I had called him back right away explaining how sorry I was and we ended up getting an all expenses paid trip to Atlanta. Sky could finally start living her dreams of sharing her talent with the rest of the world and not only the fans of One Direction.

*Flashback*

My mobile rang during the middle of a rehearsal registering as an unknown number. Hoping it wasn't a fan, and whilst bracing myself for screams if it was, I unlocked the mobile and accepted the call. On the other end was an a guy by the name of Ryan, saying he had an offer to make me. I excused myself from the guys and walked around the corner. "Uhm, okay? What is this deal you're talking about...how did you get my number, sir?" I asked, quite weary of the situation. I heard him chuckle but he went on to explain, "My name is Ryan Scott. I live in Atlanta and own a record label under the name of Brash Music. If you're unfamiliar with it, we're who originally signed Chris Sligh from Coldplay. Anyway, Mr. Horan, I'm calling about your girlfriend, Skylar..." Ryan paused, probably waiting for a response from me, but I was lost for words. Someone knew about Skylar's music. She has been noticed! Wanting to hear more, I urged him to continue. "Basically, I wanted to know if you and Skylar are able to make a trip to Atlanta for a recording session in my studios. Is she with you at the moment? If so, may I speak to her, please?" I jumped up and down in excitement, causing the phone to slip out of my hand, landing on the floor and ending the call with Ryan. "Oh shit!" I cried, picking up the phone right away, trying to get Ryan back on the line. *End Flashback* After getting myself ready, brewing tea, and loading all our luggage into Paul's SUV, I returned to our bedroom where Skylar was still sound asleep. I crawled back into the bed, snuggling up on her side. When I wrapped my arms around her, she shifted under my arms, but remained in her slumber. "Skylar..." I loosened my arms around her, removing the hair off her neck and placed small kisses all over. "Baby, you need to get up," She shifted again, this time turning to face me, although her eyes remained closed. Her cheeks were flushed pink and lips slightly parted. I placed my hand gently on her cheek brushing a few strands of hair away once more. "Skylar...you're cute when you're sleepy, and as much as I'd love to lay here with you and admire you adorable face, you need to get up," I chuckled at my own words, as I saw a slight smile appear on her lips. "You're just making wanting to get up a ton harder when you're such a comfy pillow, babe," She laughed, eyes still closed. Good, she's awake at least. "You can sleep on the plane all you want, I'll be your pillow then, but now it's time to get up and get yourself ready. We're leaving in thirty minutes." Her sleepy eyes shot open peering into mine. "I thought we weren't leaving until six?!" She struggled out of my embrace and onto her feet. "Nope, I changed my mind. I'm taking you somewhere first. Go get in the shower and be ready half five!" I got back out of the bed, placed a kiss on her cheek as she scampered off to the bathroom. As I hoped, Skylar was down in the kitchen, dressed, and sipping on her tea in less than thirty. "Ready to go, love?" She nodded and I smiled, taking her hand and leading her to Paul's car. We got into the car and I nodded to Paul for him to start driving. Skylar leaned her head on my shoulder as we drove silently. She played with my fingers that were locked with hers. She drew patterns on my hands, writing 'I love you' every so often.