Chapter 4: The Red-Nosed Reindeer

It's been nine months since the hunt of Deadeye and the separation of Kirito, who decided to join a guild called the Moonlit Black Cats.

It's now December 23 and Y/n was hunting granghorn for the request from the MPC on floor 26, Y/n then warp strikes one of the grandhorn and then he phases through an upcoming attack. Y/n warp himself at the monster and slice one of them in half. He then step back and his sword turned red as he quickly dash at the remaining grandhorn, killing it instantly as it shattered in blue light.

Y/n put his sword back into his sheath and look up at the red sky.

Y/n: "Where are you Kazuto? This isn't like you to disappear for the past few months."

Y/n slowly walks towards town.

Town of Ladonia

Y/n was walking in the town of Ladonia, known for its grand scale and military might, Y/n went where the MPC was and told him the quest is now finished.

Man: "Thank you kindly, young man, those Grandhorn's materials can be much use for our armory."

The man then gives 6,000 cols to Y/n as he accepts the col from the man.

Man: "And finally to answer your question about these royal tombs, you only found 4 of them, right?"

Y/n: "Yes, I even ask the others town people, and even they don't know what it is. I even ask the royal family in this town, even they don't know."

Man: "I see, to answer your question, they probably came from an ancient prophecy.

Y/n: "Prophecy?"

Man: "Yes, a long time ago, before this world was even born, there was once, a crystal."

Y/n: "And what is this crystal?"

Man: "It was known as the Stone of Legend or simply a Stone, it's a powerful magical artifact in the entire world."

Y/n: "And what is this prophecy you spoke of?"

Man: "The one who found all of the royal tombs, he and his friend will guide this world to its fullest potential."

Y/n: <this again, what does this even mean?>

Man: "That is all I know, but if you truly be the one who finds the king's weapons, then I wish the best of luck to you, there could be daemons running around at night so be safe when you get to the next town."

Y/n then thank the man as he left for floor 27 to look for Kirito.

Timeskip

Y/n walks around the town of Ronbaru until he caught something in his eyes, a beautiful Christmas covering in light, Y/n smiled at the trees as his mind shifted into a flashback.