𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

song of the chapter: washing machine heart by mitski

"toss your dirty shoes in my washing machine heart"

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

"You know, it's nice not being alone for once," I told Mark as we laid in bed right after.

"Yeah," he agreed, pulling me to his chest. "It's been a while since I had some company."

"Me too," I sighed. "And don't think I'm some sort of slut. I don't usually do things like this."

"I wasn't judging you," he chuckled.

"Maybe having some company will stop the nightmares," I smiled.

"You have them too?" he asked. I nodded.

"I've had the same one every night since my brother died," I confessed. "That's when I see the ghosts. When I'm asleep."

"Yeah," he nodded. I chuckled as I remembered something.

"I'm supposed to be traveling the world right now," I recalled, a pang in my chest at the reminder.

"What?" he asked, pulling back to glance at me.

"Billy, Stu, Randy, and I always planned on traveling the world when we turned twenty-one," I remembered. "From December 16th through November 24th."

"Why December 16th?" he wondered.

"That's Billy and . . . actually, just my birthday now," I explained. "We were the oldest in the group. Stu would turn twenty-one three days later. Then Randy on May 21st."

"Okay, answer some more questions," he instructed.

"Okay."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Green, for sure," I answered. "My turn. Favorite food."

"Beef wellington," he informed me. I raised my eyebrows.

"Fancy," I chuckled. "Now I feel stupid. Mine's cereal." He laughed.

"How many times have you been arrested?" he wondered.

"I've been arrested seven times," I confessed. His eyes widened. "I know that sounds like a lot, but three of those times were for vandalism. I had a few DUI's after my brother died."

"Wow," he chortled. "Okay, your turn."

"What's your favorite animal?" I wondered.

"Dog," he answered. "What's your middle name?"

"No," I shook my head. "I'm not telling you that."

"Oh, come on," he insisted. "It can't be that bad."

"Trust me, it can be," I winced.

        He sighed as his phone started to ring. He grabbed it from the bedside table and answered it.

"Yeah?" he greeted. "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking over at him. "We'll be right there."

"What happened?" I asked as he hung up.

"Sidney thinks she saw the killer on set," he explained, pulling his clothes on.

"Shit," I groaned, getting up.

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

"What happened?" Mark asked as we entered the station. I rushed to Sidney, who looked all shaken up.

"Where the hell have you been?" Wallace demanded.

"Working," Mark lied. I wrapped my arms around Sid.

"What happened?" I repeated Mark's first question.

"I went into the set for my house. The killer was in there," she sobbed. "He chased me. Tried to kill me." I pursed my lips, exchanging a glance with Dewey as she cried into my shoulder.

"Are you sure, Sidney?" Mark clarified.

"I know he was there," she said, turning to look at her. "I wasn't dreaming. I'm not crazy. He was there in Woodsboro."

"That's not Woodsboro," he pointed out to her.

"You know what I mean!" she insisted. "But he was there! He or she, or whoever this is!" He nodded.

"We're gonna put you under watch, okay?" he told her. "Keep you in a safe house. Whatever this takes."

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

"What were you doing with the detective?" Sidney asked me a few hours later.

"Nothing," I lied, running my hands through my hair. "Just working is all."

"Really?" she asked me.

"Yes," I insisted, staring down at my hands. She nodded, unconvinced. "Are you okay?"

"No," she admitted. "But I'll manage."

"I know," I nodded.

        Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw something. She grabbed it from the table. I saw that it was a file with her name on it.

        She opened it to see a newspaper with the headline Why The Fascination With Sidney Prescott. She started flipping through the newspaper to see things underlined and circled. Her phone started to ring.

"Hello?" she greeted. "Who is this? . . . Dewey, I can't hear you, I can only hear my voice repeating." Something in her eyes changed. "Bronwyn, can I have a second?"

"Yeah," I nodded, suspiciously.

I stepped out of the office and approached the desk Mark was sitting at. I sat down on top of it.

"Hey," he greeted, flipping through papers.

"Hey," I said. "Anything I can do to help?"

"Actually, yeah," he nodded. "I'm starting my work for next week."

"Already?" I questioned. He rolled his eyes.

"I could use some help filling out these forms," he said. I nodded, taking some from him. "Fair warning, you'll be very bored."

"Oh, I couldn't possibly be more bored," I chuckled. I looked back to the office. Sidney was gone. "Mark."

"What?" he asked.

"Sidney got a phone call. She asked me to leave, but something was off. She's gone," I explained.

"Let's go," he said, standing up. "We're gonna follow her."