𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

────»»❀❀❀««────

song of the chapter: california by lana del rey

"you don't ever have to be stronger than you really are when you're lyin' in my arms"

────»»❀❀❀««────

"Ugh. Billy's not back yet," I noticed the second I got home.

        I had wished he would show up. Instead, I jumped as a crash came from the kitchen. I furrowed my eyebrows. My dad should've been at work.

"Billy?" I called cautiously, stammering.

        I felt immense worry when I didn't get a response. I fleetingly fished my pocket knife out of my purse and moderately strolled to the kitchen. I leaped into the room, causing the person inside of it to jump.

"Jesus, Bronny! Put that down!" Randy exclaimed. I sighed and closed the knife.

"Holy fuck, Randy. You scared me," I scolded, my hand on my heart as I sighed in relief.

"Sorry," Randy apologized, chortling at my overreaction.

"Who let you in?" I demanded, crossing my arms.

"I climbed in through your bedroom window," Randy explained. I chuckled. "You know, Stu won't be here for thirty more minutes."

"So?" I mumbled, shrugging. He raised his eyebrows.

"So, we have thirty minutes to ourselves," he insinuated, smirking. I rolled my eyes when I finally understood what he was indicating.

"I'm exhausted from practice, Ran," I sighed, shoving his shoulder.

────»»❀❀❀««────

        Stu showed up a short thirty minutes later as we were getting everything ready. I entered the kitchen and grabbed some popcorn from the pantry. I put it in our gas stove and turned it up.

"What are we starting with?" Randy asked.

"Carrie," I yelled into the living room. When the popcorn was done, I poured it into a big bowl for us all to share.

        By the time I got there, the screen was blue from the rewinding of the movie. I sat down in between Stu and Randy, who immediately stuck their hands in the warm popcorn.

"Finally," Stu groaned as the movie started. We began to watch as Randy, and I threw in some trivia.

"Can you really get your period in the shower?" Stu coaxed during that scene.

"I'm not answering that question," I laughed.

"It's a valid question!" Stu approved, throwing his hands out defensively.

────»»❀❀❀««────

        I watched the movie anxiously. I always felt so awful for Carrie. She didn't deserve any of that. I glanced up as my father came walking into the room, stress written all over his face.

"Bronwyn, we need to leave," he needled, hands on his hips. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I quizzed, sitting up with my head cocked to the side.

"Billy was arrested," he grimaced, staring at the ground. The other two sat up, exchanging a concerned glance with me. What did he do?

"What? Arrested?" I quipped harshly, pausing the movie.

"Just come on. They want to talk to you too," Dad downplayed, shaking his head.

"You guys stay here, keep the movies going. I'll be back soon," I breathed, jumping off the couch.