𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

song of the chapter: somebody's watching me by rockwell

"i always feel like somebody's watching me."

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

Mark and I heard gunshots as we pulled up to a huge mansion. We exchanged a glance.

"Come on," he told me.

We got out of the car as quietly as we could, sneaking. We walked past the pool and into the house. I could hear Sidney, Dewey, and Gale's voices from the living room.

We jumped around the corner into the room. Sidney pointed her gun at Mark, who was pointing his at her. I put mine down.

"We heard shots. What's going on?" Mark asked her, still pointing her gun at her.

"What're you guys doing here?" she demanded, her eyes narrowing.

"Looking for you," Mark told her. "Tyson said there was a party here tonight, and I thought 'Uh-oh. Third act celebration.' Then Bronwyn told me about your phone call."

"Where's your partner?" she demanded. Mark put his gun away.

"Hey. Miss Prescott," Mark said civilly. "I'm here to help. Put the gun down." She didn't.

"Sid, put the gun down," I repeated.

      She stared at me for a second, then obliged. My eyes widened as the killer started sneaking up behind her.

"No!" Mark yelled, pulling her out of the way. She fell onto the ground, hitting her head. I rushed over to her and took her gun from her hand.

The killer pounced on Mark. They wrestled for a few seconds as he tried to reach for his gun. He threw him into the wall, but Mark was strong. I realized I couldn't shoot the killer without hitting Mark.

Suddenly, Mark threw him onto the couch. He kicked Mark, causing him to fly into the fireplace and fall.

"Shoot him!" Gale yelled at me. I shot at his head, but he dodged. I tried to shoot again, but all it did was click.

"Shit!" I screamed, realizing it was out of bullets.

I noticed Sid stirring. I motioned for her to sneak away while I had him distracted. She nodded, crawling away. Only when she was far enough away did she stand up.

"You want me fucker? Come and get me!" she screamed. He ran after her. I went to Gale and Dewey to untie them.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked them.

"Fine. We need to get to Sid," Dewey said. I nodded.

        We rushed over to Mark and knelt by his side. He had a bad shoulder wound. I winced as I observed it.

"Oh God," I groaned. "We need to apply pressure."

"Here, take this. Get the son of a bitch," he said, handing me his gun. I nodded.

"We'll be back for you," I told him as we got up.

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

We found a bookcase. A bookcase that Dewey and Gale were sure had a secret passageway. I wasn't here to argue. We pulled books from the shelves, trying to find the handle.

"Sidney!" I screamed desperately. I could hear her screaming from inside.

Then I saw something. I ran over to a table on the other side of the room and picked up a pair of tweezers.

"Stand back," I warned them, putting the tweezers into the electric socket.

"Bronwyn!" Gale warned.

I shrieked as I felt an electric shock run through my body. Sparks flew everywhere as the electricity went on. Dewey and Gale started banging on the door. I jumped when I heard a gunshot.

"Shit," I squealed banging on the door.

"There's gotta be another way in. Come on!" Dewey insisted. "Down the hall! There's another hallway!" We followed him. "There's another door down here!" We banged on this new door.

"It's not budging!" Gale yelled.

"Look for something heavy," Dewey insisted.

After barging the door several times, we got it open. We saw Sidney sitting over a body in a robe. It was a person I didn't personally know. I saw Mark laying on the floor.

"Mark!" I exclaimed, running to his side. "Hang in there!"

"Roman!" Gale said when she saw the man in the costume. "It was Roman." The director. Sidney stood up.

"Careful Sid. Randy said the killers always superhuman," Dewey reminded her.

"Yeah, well, he wasn't superhuman, Dewey," Sidney sighed. "He wasn't superhuman at all."

      Roman suddenly burst up, running at us. I shrieked in surprise. Dewey started shooting at him.

"You can't fucking kill me!" he yelled, being forced back by the bullets.

"Head!" Sidney screamed. "Head, Dewey, head!"

"What?" he asked.

"Shoot him in the head!" she repeated.

      He did. The man fell backwards, falling onto the ground. I helped Mark up from the ground.

╭────»»❀❀❀««────╮

One Month Later

Mark and I sat on the couch of Sidney's cabin in the woods together. I curled up in his arms while he stroked my hair.

"Remember when you told me about traveling the world with your friends?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I nodded, smiling.

"Well, you're still twenty-one," he reminded me. I raised an eyebrow.

"And?" I asked.

"Let's do it," he beamed. I froze, turning to stare at him with uncertainty.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah," he nodded. "We'll leave December sixteenth. I wanna travel the world with you, Bronwyn Bohemia Loomis." My jaw dropped.

"How the hell did you find out?" I demanded.

"I just looked at your files," Mark beamed. "You have some hilarious mugshots."

I hit his arm, laughing. Our heads turned when we heard the door open. Sidney came walking into the house with her dog.

"Sidney! We've been waiting for you," Mark beamed.

"We're gonna start a movie," I informed her.

"What kind of movie?" Sidney wondered.

"You have to come and see," Mark hinted as Gale and Dewey came running in from the back porch.