Zora's Domain (Breath of the Wild)

⚠️Not a ship⚠️

Link's pov:

The rain is making the track difficult to hike on. 'Why is it raining so much? Normally things lighten up by now..' I wonder if it's why that Zora guy.... Sidon I believe his name is, asked me to come. 'He said I'm almost there... I hope so, I'm almost out weapons.' I walked over to a nearby cliff, making sure not to fall on the slippery edge. Looking out, I could barely see the bridge through the mist. 'I can make it if I paraglide, or at least get close.' I jumped off and opened my paraglider, gliding safely down. I landed about midway on the bridge.

I heard something from the river below and a streak of red and white flashed right infront of me. Panicking slightly, I stepped back only to slip and bang my head against the ground. The red and white streak was Sidon, who saw my embrassing display. "Oh! I'm so sorry Link! I didn't mean to startle you!" He apologized  offering me a hand. Embrassmed and frustrated with myself, I accepted his hand. In a smooth motion, Sidon pulled me back to my feet. "That was a nasty hit. You alright?" Sidon looked concerned at me. 'He probably wants me to leave. I'm obviously not the person he needs. For whatever he's doing..' I nodded my head slightly, trying not to winced at the pain the motion brought. "Let me check." Sidon said gently wrapping his hands against my head. He turned my head so he could check, but did it smoothly so it didn't bring anymore pain.

"You didn't bash your head open. So that's good, but you may have a concussion." Sidon explained, looking of the rest of me too. Uncomfortable with the situation I wrapped my arms around me and nodded to show I understood. Sidon's face softened slightly seeming to understand more than I wanted him to. "Here, let's go meet with my father, then you can rest up." He said taking my hand, making sure not to scratch it with his claws.

Sidon made sure to keep a steady pace that was fast, but slow enough so I didn't fall again. He seemed to be going for the one set of stairs when someone called out at him. He turned and beckoned them closer. I pulled the hood of my cloak over my head. I hate to say it... but I've been uncomfortable with anyone since the incident in Hateno. The Zora who called out to Sidon was older in age. "What's the rush Prince Sidon?" He asked completely ignoring me. Not that I'm complaining though.

"Oh, I need to take Link here to the King." Sidon explained gesturing to me. Now that it was mentioned, the older Zora looked me. I shifted myself slightly uncomfortable with his stare. After a few seconds, his face shifted to sour and angry. "Why wouldn't you bring him here!" He yelled pointing to me. I stepped back scared. "He's a rotten traitor! He failed us all and is the reason Lady Mipha is dead! He's rotten luck and should be left to drown!" He yelled shifting between yelled at Sidon and glaring at me. His words cut me like a knife and brought tears to my eyes.

"Now see here. Link here is the only solution to our problem. He is not a failure, he is not a traitor and he most certainly isn't rotten luck! I will not tolerate this behave from anyone. I understand the death of my sister has greatly impacted you but that is no excuse!" Sidon interrupted before dragging me away. Sidon took me to somewhere where we'd be alone. As soon as he let me go, I flopped to the ground, covering my face with my hands. I didn't want to see me crying like this. Sidon knelt down beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder. Rubbing my shoulder but otherwise stayed silent. A few minutes in, he took my hood off using his other hand.

I'm not sure long we sat like that. But eventually I ran out of tears to cry. I wiped away the remains and stared at my hands. I didn't want to see the disgust on his face, the anger, I'm the reason his sister is dead. Or so I'm told, of course he'd be angry at me. "Link, look at me please." Sidon spoke softly. I ignored him and stared at my hands like they were the most interesting thing ever. I felt Sidon's hand cup my face, making sure not to prick me with his claws. He gently brought me to look at him. He didn't seem mad, he seems upset but not mad. Maybe concerned? Sad? I'm not sure. "Listen, I'm sorry for his words. And none of them are true. It's not your fault, I'm certain you gave it your all. You're caught off guard and no one could have guessed what would unfold."

I tore away from him. "I'm not so sure.." I whispered, my voice breaking anyways. Out or the corner of my eyes, I saw Sidon's eyes widen. The first words I've ever said to him, I feel so bad that they had to be so negative. I closed my eyes wanting to cry again. "What do you mean?" I lost the battle of keeping myself under control. "Because if I was as good as everyone tells me I was then I could have beaten it! I don't even remember what happened! I failed everyone! I failed the princess! I failed your sister! I failed myself! I failed everyone! I failed and now everyone had to live with my mistakes!" I yelled louder than necessary and once I was done, I hid my face again. I felt myself shaking and my sobs wrecked through my body. I feel so guilty, this is all my fault! I was the one who had to be ready at any moment but I failed! And yet I was the one to live! It shouldn't have been me.

Sidon's pov:

I stayed quiet for a good few minutes. Trying to process everything Link said. I stared at him, while he was completely defenseless to his own demons. This wasn't the same person Mipha told me stories about. Now he's haunted by things that weren't even his fault but he's blamed for anyways. He's more haunted with everything than anyone else combined. A particularly loud sob from the Hylian besides me snapped me out of my trance. I wrapped my arms around his shaking form and pulled him closer to me. Combing through his hair, I spoke as calming and pushed as much comfort in my voice as I could. Trying to channel my sister.

"It's not your fault. No one was ready. It's not your fault that no one could predict the Calamity. It's not your fault that Gannon went down this road. You didn't force him to become this, or to attack Hyrule. None of this is your fault Link." I said holding the broken Hylian as close and tightly as possible. Link just threw himself closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, crying into my chest. I rewrapped my arms around him. "It's okay. Take your time. We'll see the king evenwhere your ready.