Chapter I: Shards

"It's for the best." the boy says. Thean looks up at him and touches his face.

Her eyes boring into his as she trace his jaw with her soft fingers, wondering how it could be so sharp yet feminine and masculine at the same time

Her eyes boring into his as she trace his jaw with her soft fingers, wondering how it could be so sharp yet feminine and masculine at the same time. "I need to let you go."

"I don't like the 'best', I want you." she says, tears dripping on her pale face with the legacy he aims to leave, the love that he said will not falter, but does now. "I won't let you let me go."

"Thean, you're engaged to him." the boy says, voice filled with restraint from the way she makes him feel. She confuses him. It's clear that she was indeed inlove with another, what was she doing here? begging him not to leave?

"I love you." she suddenly blurts out. "it's why everything was so different with you, because I am inlove with you and with him were just all unanswered questions and childish feelings."

"So why can't you choose me?"

"Because I love you..
and love is something I can't accept that I was actually capable of."
....

"White." Thean whispers to herself as she wakes up from her dream. "He is wearing a robe this time." she says as she try to wipe her eyes full of tears. She was crying again, over someone she never knew who was. She clenches her chest, it hurts, yet again she was not aware why. I mean, she knows all this mixed feeling and stomach knotting were all because of the dream but why? why does she dream about a guy she never knew?

"Are you alright? You've cried again?" Hyacinth, her cousin and flatmate says as she come out of their shared bathroom in her room.

"It's nothing."

"You know it's not nothing, Thean. It's your adhd acting up and messing with your emotions even more." she says

Thean ignores her and walks towards her bathroom in attempt to just wash herself from the mess she keeps on making to herself almost everyday.

she closes the door and looks at herself on the mirror.

"Ares Athena Carson." she blurts out with a small smile. Atleast she still knows her name, despite of the fact that she wouldn't know who the guy on her dream is. Every single time she wakes up, she fails to process his face. It's blank. The memory of his appearance fails to be remembered by her mind and she wonders why.

Although his voice will always be remembered and will surely bounce in her memory all throughout the day, his face is a mystery.

"23 years of age, studying Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering—ugh, what am I doing? It's not like I'm having amnesia." she sighs. "Forget about it, forget about him, it's just a dream."