Chapter VI: His Home

(Present Day)
"We should take a picture." Jeonghan says as he and Thean finishes eating their food. "I'll send it to Mom and Melody." he says before drinking on his glass again.

Thean looks at Jeonghan and raises her eyebrow with the way he speaks

Thean looks at Jeonghan and raises her eyebrow with the way he speaks. "Did you just got drunk with that three beer bottles?"

"Come on, my love. I'm not drunk." Jeonghan says as he giggle. He takes his phone up and it slips on his shaking hands. "Oops."

"You are." Thean takes his phone and snaps a picture with Jeonghan after she took sat beside Jeonghan. He then sends it to Ran and her Mother. "Take your time, Jeonghan. I'll drive you home."

"You will drive me home? You're such a good girl. I'm so lucky to have you as my fiancee!" He says in such a childish tone.

"Yeah. Finish your drink and tell me once you want to go home already."

"You're not telling me to stop drinking?" Jeonghan asks.

Thean's gaze shifted from her phone to the drunk boy. She shakes her head gently and says,

"We all need days to escape reality with alcohol so take your time. Shoot your shot and tell me when you're done." she says.

"You're making me cry." Jeonghan says as he gulp another drink from his glass. "You're my only bestfriend, Thean. Do you remember?"

Thean keeps quiet. She knows. She remembers.

"You're the only one who will keep herself up all night just to make sure I'm alright." he says quietly. "You do my homework and smack my head if I miss classes. You're my only bestfriend, Athena. The only person I have." Jeonghan rests his head on Thean's shoulders as he breathe slowly.

Thean looks away.

"Finish your beer fast, Jeonghan."

"I was so alone and confused when you left me. I know I was wrong but I need you, I always do." he says. "and seeing your eyes brim with hate every time I ask you to see me makes me feel stupid and resentful to myself. I can't even count how many times I said sorry to you even though I know they will not matter to you anymore."

"People change, I know. I just hope that we didn't."

Tears are now threatening to fall in Thean's eyes. Jeonghan finishes his cup and finally rests his head.

"Don't I matter to you now? We used to be each other's everything."

"Have I been too rough to you, Jeonghan-ah?"

The ride towards Jeonghan's place was silent as Jeonghan already fell asleep at the back of the car. Thean looks at him from the mirror from time to time, checking on him.

 Thean looks at him from the mirror from time to time, checking on him