Chapter II: Sometime in New York

(4 years ago)
Thean stares at her phone as it lits up. It's like the hundredth time since these people has messaged or called her but she refuses to talk to anyone by now.

 It's like the hundredth time since these people has messaged or called her but she refuses to talk to anyone by now

"some time, please." she mutters to herself as she put on her jacket. "just give me some time." she mutters one more time before leaving to the public library.

Where was Thean? and why did she left? Let's just say that it's because of Jeonghan's shitty decisions and its consequences that she faced alone. Where was she, again? she booked the earliest flight to New York and planned to stay here for a month just to take a break since it's also winter break in her university.

She bought a cup of caramel latte and was now ready to read in the private library she had been eyeing since she came here in New York, a day ago.

It was quiet, not a lot of people come in here since it's a private library and the fee is quite high but the interior is huge, bookshelves tower over her and there's a lot of space to read. Thean chose the L-shaped sofa. She sat there, almost laying down with five books in her lap.

"아이구. 오늘이 더 추울 수 있습니까?"
(uh, could this day be any colder?)
a tall man seats beside her, by a meter away but she could hear him speak. He is wearing a black hoodie.

"Hmm, 한국남자?" (a korean boy?) Thean whispers to herself

"음? 너도 한국인이야? 당신은 한국인처럼 보이지 않습니다"
(uh? are you korean,too? you don't look korean.) the boy looks over at her.

"that's none of your business, actually." she says and huffs an annoyed puff. the boy giggles.

"I guess my stay here in New York will not be so boring." he says while staring at Thean.

"Huh? what are you talking about?"

"I'm Mingyu. Kim Mingyu. Let me annoy and accompany you here in New York for a while."