Chapter III: Stranger

(present day)
"Why aren't you eating, my cute girl?" Mingyu says as he lay down on Thean's floor. "I've prepared so much for you. Oh, don't you have a hang over?"

Thean glares at Mingyu as she squint her eyes towards Mingyu's food on her bed. She sighs a deep breath before looking straight right into Mingyu's eyes.

"Hey, if you look at me like that I might die." The boy says with a scared tone.

"What is that picture?" Thean says. "Why did you kiss me?"

Mingyu laughs. "I didn't kiss you, lady. Although I would die to do so." he shrugs.

"Then what is that photo? It's everywhere! If my parents sees this I'll be killed."

The light on Mingyu's eyes suddenly disappears with what Thean said. "I won't let them, Thean. Never in this life that I would let anyone hurt you."

"What?" Thean rolls her eyes. "That was a joke. Why would my parents kill me?"

Mingyu flashes a smile again, although it's not as bright as the one he was wearing the moment he entered her flat.

"Ofcourse." Mingyu says. "As I was saying, I didn't kiss you. You did. You were drunk. I know you didn't know what you're doing. But I enjoyed every second of it."

Thean groans in frustration as her face turned bright red, "hey! stop!" she closes her eyes and leans back on her bed frame. "Why did you let me kiss you?"

"What do you expect me to do? Push you away?"

"Why didn't you push me away, then?"

"Cause your lips taste so bittersweet and I like them very much." Mingyu says naively. "the alcohol made it bitter but—."

"Argh! whatever. My life is already fucked as it is. Why should I worry about issues like this?" Thean says to herself.

"Yeah, however 'fucked' your life as you may say, you have to eat." Mingyu reminds. "I want to see you eat."

"Why are you doing this, Mingyu-ssi?" Thean says, pertaining to the efforts he did for the food this early in the morning. looking back to Mingyu, she saw him flashing her a small smile. "I am not worth the trouble."

"Oh trust me, you are." Mingyu says. "and don't think so much about it, it was just food."

(4 years ago)

It's Thean's 5th day in New York

It's Thean's 5th day in New York. She's waiting for Mingyu again as they will be hanging out in the library today, as usual.
and then it started raining..

"oh fuck." Thean curses. "I should quit cursing, Mingyu might not like it."

It's raining now in New York. Is it raining too in Seoul? Does the preying pain piercing on Thean's heart get through the people that had hurt her, too?