Chapter 10: A Game.

You went inside T.A.E's kitchen. 'Be strong Y/N' you thought. You can hear T.A.E hum the Welcome Home theme song while cooking ""breakfast for dinner"". You take a seat that has your symbol on. You glance at T.A.E and look at the box that had the buttons. You think about how to get T.A.E distracted to find your parents and the ghost's eyes. You remember how much T.A.E tries to act so much like Wally, and Wally likes to play games with his neighbors.

"How about we play.. A game." you say, which causes T.A.E to stop humming. "I know you like them." you continued. "Everybody likes games." T.A.E says in an almost interested tone. You agree, and T.A.E asks "What kind of game would it be?". "An 'exploring' game. A 'finding things' game." you reply. You were too nervous to think of any other way to put it. "And what is the thing you'd be finding, Y/N?" he asks, tapping his fingers on the counter. "My real family." you say. "Too easy." T.A.E hummingly replied. "And!" you continued, "And the eyes of the ghost children.". T.A.E puts the ""breakfast for dinner"" on a new plate for you while saying. "Huh." in a shocked way.

"What if I win?" he asks. "If I lose, I'll stay here, let you love me, and.." you pause staring at the box with the buttons inside with a sigh, "And I'll let you sew buttons into my eyes.". T.A.E looks at you, surprised at the reward, and gave a mischievous smile. "and if you somehow.. Win? This game.".
"Then you'd let me go, you let everyone go that you've trapped here. My family, the ghosts, me." you say sounding fairly. He exhales in excitement and joy of this ""game"", putting his hand out to shake. "Deal.". "Not until you give me a clue." you say sternly. "Oh right." T.A.E says in disappointment, and gives you a clue.

"In each of 3 wonders you visited from me.
A ghost eye is lost in plain sight."

"As for my family?" you ask as T.A.E grabs an apple and holds it. He chuckles as he tosses the apple in the air and catches it in the same hand. He repeats this, obviously making you upset. "Fine, don't tell me." you sigh. You think to yourself on if this option is good. Will you lose? Will you never see your family ever again? Or will you become one with their suffering? It doesn't matter, you have ghosts to free and you know that this is the best option you have. "It's a deal." you finally say, turning around where T.A.E used to be. And he's gone. The sound of the apple hitting his palm was replaced with the drip of the water from the faucet.

You sigh once again. "What does he mean.. Wonders?". You notice at the window shows the first 'wonder'. Your house. Of course you're not that rude, and besides you were hungry. You ate the ""breakfast for dinner"". Thank goodness with wasn't a mush of rotten apples and that it's actual food.

(A/N: Heya! Thank you so much for liking this book! In return for your lovely remarks, you get a nice drawing from me!

[Psst! This is my first time putting an illustration on this book] I hope you get to love what'll come in the future! Take care and remember to keep your smile merry! Loves ya!)