𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

I didn't have to do much to my appearance while getting ready, my chestnut brown hair naturally waved away from my face, my fringe puffing out to the sides which revealed my misty grey eyes - the same ones I had inherited from my mother.

Which left me with just putting on subtle makeup, excluding the bright red lipstick I decided to put on for the night. A tad bit of mascara and eyeliner and I was set to go. I looked myself over. The dark burgundy dress hugged me body and flared out above my knees, a cropped noir cardigan lay on-top of my dress and knee-high boots covered my legs. I finished the look off with some simple gold jewellery, a gold chain belt and a small black purse hanging over my shoulder.

"You look so pretty," Marlee pouted. "You were truly blessed with good genes."

I rolled my eyes, her outfit much simpler than mine, just a full white dress that hugged the curves of her body with long sleeves showing off her skinny arms and long fingers. Her dress was cut out just above her chest in a pointed oval shape and the collar going up her neck.

"You look just as pretty."

"No one can pull red off better than you, Kira."

"Whatever, let's go before it gets dark."

We linked arms and walked over to our friends dorm rooms, picking each one of them up from all their rooms before heading down to the bar just five minutes away from campus. Luna wore a black turtleneck top with a beige skirt. Nova with a leather skirt and a blouse with the top buttons undone, showing off her cleavage which she was sure to put some use to tonight. Silvia wore a simple chocolate dress that had three buttons at the top with short sleeves and a collar.

The four of us made our way down to the Coldwynne Bar - it was the only bar that let us have free drinks (perks of being the Mayors daughter.)

"Hey Kendrix," I smiled at the bar owner as we sat down at the bar in front of him.

He smiled back at me, he was one of my fathers closest friends and this guy had been in my life since I was practically born. "The usual, my lady?"

"You know it," I cracked a smile.

He gave a tilt of his head to show he understood and walked away to get our drinks ready for us.

"Do none of you think that guy is just a tad bit weird?" Marlee raised a brow looking at all of us.

"I don't give a shit honestly, he gets us free drinks," Silvia laughed, followed by a snicker from Nova.

"Why do you always start stupid shit like this?" I glared.

"What? You don't think he dresses and talks weird?" She frowned.

I gritted my teeth. "So? Who actually gives a fuck this is his bar. We're in it don't you think he deserves a bit of respect."

"No," she scoffed. "I see the way he looks up all of our skirts when we're walking away, he's a creep, Kira. It's no wonder he was changing your diapers when you were younger, probably wanted to crawl in them."

I slammed my fist down on the bar. "Do not talk about him that way, you and I both know he doesn't do that! You just always need to stir shit when you're around my family."

"He's not your family, he was essentially your babysitter and butler, so I'm sorry if I'm trying to look out for my privileged friend and daughter of the Mayor."

The nerve.

"Here's your drinks ladies," Kendrix came back over, placing all our drinks down without another look nor looking at any of us. His expression glum.