𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

"Kira!"

I stood up on wobbly legs, struggling to stand up straight, my head light-headed and still in shock. Turning around, I was only just now realising the nearing red and blue lights and my friends sprinting over to me, each one with a concerned expression. Luna was first to hug me.

"We thought we lost you," she sobbed as she crashed onto my shoulders in a hug.

Silvia frowned. "Where's Marlee?"

"I-I don't know," I gripped Luna tighter. "I went in there looking for her, her-her screams stopped and then a massive spider chased me out."

"A spider?" Nova raised a brow, crossing her arms over her legs.

"You can go in there yourself and have a look if you'd like," I glared daggers.

"You couldn't find her?" Silvia paled.

Luna burst into even more tears.

I shook my head. "I think something took her."

"Like a big spider?" Nova scoffed, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"I'm sorry do you have a problem?" I scowled over at Nova.

"Just a bit confused," she shrugged. "You got chased by a spider? And you couldn't find her because you were scared of a little spider?"

"It wasn't little it-" I tried to look for the right words to explain myself. "I don't know what's wrong with that forest but something is making the insects and the animals massive. There's hoards of spiders in there, all spinning there webs around the trees and they're hunting fucking deer!"

"We all know what your definition of a big spider is," Silvia rolled her eyes, grabbing Luna from me. "Just say you were too scared to go deeper into the woods and we would've believed you - not even blamed you. But coming up with a bullshit excuse about a spider? Come on, Kira."

"It's not an excuse, I swear!"

"Right, well, you can explain that to the police, we called them just after you went in after Marlee." Silvia explained. "Hopefully they can find her or the people who took her."

I doubted they would.

══════════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══════════

We stood around the front of the campus until the police arrived.

I was the first to get questioned because of obviously running in after the Marlee in the forest, the ambulance were here, checking me over before anything and they bandaged up the scratches on my thighs and a huge gash I hadn't notice before across my arm when I must've climbed back over the fence. I must not have noticed it when climbing the fence.

"So, what you're telling us is that you ran after your friend, got chased out by some big spider and ran back out." The police officer in-front of me questioned. "Is that right?"

I nodded.

"And, you didn't see anyone. You just ran straight back?"

I nodded once more.

"I see," the officer closed his notepad that he had been taking notes on that. "I think you're under some stress and quite possibly might have been hallucinating. Or drunk. Your friends say you went to a bar before this correct?"

"We had a few drinks but definitely not enough to be drunk," I explained, wrapping the blanket they gave me further around my body.

"They also tell me you're an arachnophobe." The officer sighed. "Look, I get it. It must've been dark in there, you were scared and desperate to save your friend. You got lost and started hallucinating due to the stress and trauma. Your friends say Marlee had quite a scream."