𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

Two almost identical males snapped their heads towards me as I stepped out from between the bushes.

They both wore baggy brown trousers, both barefooted and both with identically sharp, long ears that peaked out from beneath their hair. The one holding down my dog while crouching was the one with white spiky hair and bright glowing grey eyes, his features dark. His eyes were in a constant glare, his eyebrows thin and pointed along with his chin. His cheeks were hollowed into his face and white tattoos covered his light grey skin on his arms.

The other male (with red hair) was stood against a tree in front of them, one leg resting against the tree with his arms folded, black tattoos covering his golden skin. His features weren't sharp like the other males. His eyes held a mischievous glint, his lips turning into a devilish smirk at the sight of me, his red glowing eyes gleaming with excitement beneath his bushy brows. His lips were full while the white male had thin lips.

Artie struggled underneath the white male's grasp.

I grabbed the thickest branch I could find from the ground, holding it out in front of me. "Let my dog go."

The white one glared at me, his hood on Artie seeming to get harder as Artie struggle and whimpers worsened.

The red male spoke up, his voice coming out in a constant purr. "Let the dog go, brother, we have something much more worth our time now."

The white male obliged, Artie running off and away, past me, his fearful whimpering sounding throughout the forest until he completely disappeared back the way we both came from.

My hold on the branch tightened, it was sharp enough to draw blood if I needed to. The red male pushed up, off the tree and stalked his way over to me, the white one standing up, and following his brother. I backed away slowly, the closer they got the taller they seemed to be.

"What brings a human into the forest?" The white one scowled.

"And a cute one too," the red grinned.

They went silent as if actually looking for a response, making me straighten up and harden my gaze to try to look somewhat intimidating - which I knew wouldn't happen and didn't work as the red's smirk only grew bigger, sending a shiver down my spine.

"My dog ran away," I glared between the two. "I was just trying to get him back so I'll be on my way now."

I continued backing away, while they only inched closer and closer, their large legs making each stride almost two steps closer.

"See, the problem with that, little Dove," the red one smiled sadly with a cock of his head. "Is you're not supposed to know about our kind."

"Your kind?" I frowned, glancing up at his pointy ears before meeting his gaze again.

"Mmm, I see you've noticed our ears, unless you were stupid you would've noticed our eyes as well," he explained. "We're not necessarily human."

"No shit," I mumbled.

He laughed, shrugging.

"What's the point in telling her?" The white one smacked his shoulder against his brothers. "She's going to die either way."

My blood turned cold.

"Well, we might as well have a little fun before hand, no?" Red turned to me.

"I'm pretty busy actually, doing stuff so no thanks," I smiled sadly, going along with their game while still backing away into the forest.

"You say you don't have much time but you had enough time the other time to play with our eight legged pet."