- 09

Solutions without deaths

There had been few moments in Kakashi's life when he had felt fear.

Fear. A feeling that a ninja was meant to feel. Even he had felt it.

Fear when Obito died, Fear when Rin died, Fear when his Sensei and his wife died.

And now he was afraid when his hand crossed your chest like nothing. Kakashi had impaled you with his Chidori. Bitter memories of his teammate's death washed over him in waves.

You... Why—?

Why did you get in the way? Why did you defend the boy and Zabuza?

Why did you decide to end your life like this, saving two criminals. He could hear Naruto's screams in the distance and Sasuke's surprised or perhaps scared gasp at the scene they had to witness in a cruel and vile way. His teammate being killed by his sensei...

He didn't feel time pass, nor did he feel when Naruto and Sasuke came to her side, he only returned to reality when he heard new voices, it was Gato and his minions. They had come to the bridge...wait—where was Tazuna? And since when did you wear flowers on your head?

He cradled you gently as he looked around for the bridge builder, listening as Gato ranted and scolded Zabuza about how he had failed so miserably in the mission he had given him.

"It seems our confrontation is over, Kakashi. Since I no longer work for Gato, Tazuna is safe. There is no dispute between us anymore".

"Yeah, I guess you're right..."

Gato, full of confidence, sneered further, "Were you so pathetic that you only managed to kill one of them, Zabuza? And what's more, to a pathetic girl".

Sasuke was still in shock, looking at your face as if he was waiting for you to open your eyes. As for Naruto, he looked ready to launch himself at Gato, surely to kill the man. But, before Naruto could take a step, Kakashi stopped him.

"Naruto, calm down-". Before he could continue speaking, Zabuza interrupted him.

"Yeah, you should calm down, kid. She's already dead, it's not like she can hear".

Naruto in a fit of rage asked the Renegade Shinobi: "So if they had said the same thing to Haku would you allow it? If they had done something to Haku would you allow it!?"

The silence that followed took only a few minutes before the man replied, "Yeah, I wouldn't mind".

Haku, who had not dared to move at all that moment, turned to see Zabuza, and although he tried to hide it, some sadness could be seen in his eyes. Upon hearing Zabuza's response, Naruto lashed out, "So you could just stand there doing nothing and just watch how they treat him like a dog? You and Haku have been together for years! That does not mean anything?".

"You don't understand the Shinobi way, brat-". Before he could continue, Naruto cut him off.

"That has nothing to do with it!". He sucked in a breath and then continued to yell every thought of him.

...

Your plan was very simple.

Turning yourself into a flower with your quirk and Fuinjutsu stuffing Tazuna into a small old scroll that you secretly carried with you everywhere. The shadow clone you had made to usurp your place was going to disintegrate very soon. Kakashi's attack had damaged it too much to the point where you were having a hard time keeping it stable.