Chapter 2

Ring ring. My phone kept going off. "Who is calling me?" I turned around and moaned. "Whose is this calling me?" I said in a morning voice. "Good morning, how was your sleep?" a man asked me. Me not recognizing the voice. I rubbed my eyes. "How the heck did you get my phone number?" I asked. " It's in your number log-like info." "ok, who is this, I don't know who you are?" "It's Kyle Philips, your boss."

I froze. "...okay," I answered. " Why did you call me?" "To tell you I am not gonna be there so you are in charge," he told me. I froze. "Didn't expect to be in charge today," I mumbled. "Well good luck I will text you the details '... and hung up the phone. That was unexpected. I got up and got ready quickly. Ring again from my phone. "Hello, is this Ms Atterberry?" "yea who is it?" "Your mother has died." what?!!? I dropped my phone and fell and cried. I was so upset but I had to stay strong. I got up and wiped my eyes And left. (Meanwhile) I came out of the elevator and couldn't think about my mother or I would let it out. "Hi Ms Atterberyy, you're in charge today." a worker told me. "Yea, I know." "Well, where do you want me to put on this paper?" "Uhh on Kyle's desk."Are you sure? he will be mad." "I am sure I will deal with that when he gets back." All I heard was where to put that or what to do with that, it was getting annoying. Then I heard a noise inside one of the storage rooms near Kyle's office. "I wonder what that is," I thought. I opened the closet door and there was a surprise waiting for me. "Mm," Mrs. Philips moaned. I cleared my throat. "Ohh u-h-h heyyy Malia" he stuttered, Zipping his pants up. "I am so disappointed because you said that you weren't coming!!'' I screamed. "Well, don't forget that you are talking to the boss?!!!" Mrs. Philips demanded. "I am sorry that you feel that way. I was just testing you." Mr. Philips stated. but- I couldn't even say anything I left out like I didn't even see anything. "Babe, I think you should-'' he cuts her off. " I will not fire her if that's what you were going to say." "But why?!!" "I said what I said." he left the storage room. "Wait Malia please, I should apologize." he grabbed her arm. I turned around. "There is nothing to apologize about, you're saying that you won't be here then lie to my face and sneak like a freaking spy, but I understand it's like my first time working here ." I snapped and realized I was overreacting. Still but I am- "no I am sorry for getting mad there is no reason why I shouldn't get mad." I sobbed. He grabbed me and pulled me into this room. "What's wrong?" he asked me. "Nothing wrong with me." That's when I let it go. I cried like he did something to me. "Did I do something wrong?" "No it's not you, my mother died." his face was in shock. "Oh, well I'm sorry for you," he mumbled. He pulled me closer to him. I could hear his heartbeat. It was so heartwarming. I pulled my head up and wiped my tears before I was on my way to do that. He touched my face and put his hand on my hand and wiped the tears off. I started to get butterflies. I started breathing softly. He came closer and closer. Then he kissed me softly and stumbled back before he could do anything else. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that," he mumbled. He is trying to walk out. "Hey it's ok, you can kiss me," I whispered. He looked at me. Came back and kissed me pulling my face forward. And sat me on the table. It was a warm and amazing kiss and pulled my body towards him. "Mm." I moaned softly. He kissed me down my neck. Then he stopped for some reason. "Are you a virgin?" he asked. I sat there silent. "It's ok if you're not."He mumbled. "You're such a good kisser to be a virgin though." "Well, I am and what am I even doing here?!?" "You have a wife." "Ima go." "Wait"- then that's when I left.