chapter 8

While I was waiting for the results I got a facetime call from Boniffa. I answered the phone. "Hey girl!!" Bonnifa said excitedly. "Hey." I answered by looking at her through the phone. "Hey, what's wrong with you, you would normally be excited to see me?" How was the trip?" she asked concernedly. "Oh it's.." I stopped. I thought I should tell her but I don't think I'm ready either. But if I tell her if I'm pregnant, if I am, then she'll be mad that I didn't tell her in the first place. I made up my mind, I was going to tell her. "Bonnifa I have something to tell you" I started. "Yeah what is it?" she looked concerned. "Well Imightbepregantandidontknowwhothefatheris." After I said that Boniffa hung up the phone, I tried calling back but she didn't answer. "Welp, I screwed that up." I thought to myself. I just couldn't deal with any of this anymore. After I looked at the stick and I saw that I was pregnant. I cried and cried for hours, and I didn't stop, not that I didn't want a baby, but it was too early for me to have a kid. I laid down and thought of what I did. I guess I fell asleep.

Kyle's pov:

I feel bad about what I said to Malia. It isn't her fault maybe Cade forced her to do that. "I should apologize to her tomorrow morning." I thought to myself. "Yeah Imma do that" I plugged my phone into the charger and went to bed. The next morning I got up and did everything I needed to, to get ready for work. "Hey baby." Ebony came and kissed my cheek. I don't even know why I'm married to her. I don't even like or even love her. It was arranged so that's why. "Heyyy my love." I hugged her. "I made your favorite sandwiches for lunch, and I put a little special dessert.'' She looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back, out of pity of course. I grabbed my lunch and briefcase and left. "By-" Ebony started but I didn't let her finish, I was already out the door and in the car. When I got to the office the first person I wanted to see was Malia, but no I had to see Laquisha. "Hey boss, is Malia here yet?" she asked, looking around. "Oh, I was just about to ask you that... I guess she isn't here yet" I turned on my phone and looked to see if she or anyone had texted me. Nothing, she didn't text me at all.

(Meanwhile)

I woke up feeling nauseous because I was pregnant and I didn't know what to do right now. Then that's when I looked at the time. "IM LATE!!" I screamed. I got up, took a shower, got my clothes on, and drove to work."Hey, boss has been looking for you." a worker told me."Oh really?""yes you should go talk to him.""ok I guess." I rolled my eyes. I went in his office with out knocking. "I heard you were looking for me?" I asked. When I looked up at him, his face was all red. "I-I" he stuttered. "Are you feeling okay?" I put the back of my hand on his forehead. He staggered back. "Y-yeah I-I am" he stuttered again. "I was just uhm.." he cleared his throat, "I was waiting for you here because I wanted to apologize." he looked at me sympathetically. "Oh" I said expecting more than that. "Yeah, im really really sorry for yelling at you like that at the party, it must have been embarrassing for you.." he looked down at me. "I hope you can forgive m-" he was stopped. "It's ok." that's when I walked out and went to my office. I could get off my mind that i was pregnant. "What if i get an abortion or I can lose the baby?" I thought to myself. Tears came out of my eyes. Someone burst in the room. I quickly wiped my tears. "Ohhh heyyy." Laquisha came over and hugged me. I looked up and smiled. "Hey girl" I responded cheerfully. I really was happy to see her, I haven't talked to her all day. She looked into my eyes. "Are you okay?" she asked worriedly, "Were you just crying" I looked down and wiped my eyes. "N-" I was cut off by Laquisha. "It's Kyle isn't it, what did he do to you?" I saw anger in her eyes as she spoke. "N-no it's not him, im- it's just mood swings from my being, you know pregnant." I looked up at her. "Really?" she asked. "Y-yes, really" She looked down at me and hugged me again. "You gonna get through this with me, this baby ain't going anywhere anytime soon" We both smiled. "Thank you L" "No problem M" and then we both burst out laughing. Then that's when I got back to work because I had to get this pregnancy off my mind. Then someone snatches me in the storage room and kisses me on the lips. I pushed him away.." we can't do this." why?" Kyle asked me...he started to look worried. "I said what I said." Then that's when I was trying to walk out. He grabbed my arm, "why can't you?" he squeezed my arm tight looking at me furious I pushed him, "its because I'm pregnant and I don't know who's it by!!" I screamed and walked out the storage room. "Wait MALIA!" I didn't think I needed to turn around. "What are they doing in there? I can't wait to tell Ebony." a person thought to themself.