Chapter 9

After work, I was ready to go home. I was trying to avoid Kyle and his wife because I knew something was happening. When I got home I had to schedule an appointment to check if I was OK or something. I took my phone and dialed the number. "Hello, welcome to Intercare how may I help you?" "I would like to schedule an appointment for a pregnancy check-in." "OK, how many weeks are you?" "I just got pregnant so I don't know." "Ok, what is your name?" "Malia Jones" "Age?" "23" "OK Ms. Malia your appointment will be on Monday next week, is that alright for you?" "Yes." "Alright, Dr. Collins will see you then" "Okay, thank you, good bye" "Bye." I hung up the phone and noticed I was crying. "Why was I so careless? "Why don't I feel love for this baby, I knew I wasn't ready." I thought to myself. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and it was Kyle. "H-e-y-y." He stuttered. "What do you want? I'm not in the mood." I rolled my eyes. "W-well, I just wanted to ask something.." he looked down in my eyes. His eyes were so blue that I couldn't say anything. "I-is the baby mine?" he asked worriedly. "I don't know, but I think it's yours.'' Then I let him in and we sat down. We talked about the baby things that I needed to hear. He gave me hope that I didn't have in me. He gave me confidence. That I can do this. when he was getting ready to leave. "Kyle, what about Ebony?" "You don't have to worry that I can handle that." I wished it could be all over when he left but knew it wasn't. I have a doctor's appointment coming up. A week later. Me and kyle have been getting along no one knew that I was pregnant except for Laquisha she kept my mouth shut. I am walking to get a check-up. "Hey you Ms. Atterberry." a doctor asked me. "Yes, I am." "right this way." I followed her it was big. I sat down and laid down." "This might be cold." She put it on me and it was cold. She took pictures. It made me tear up. "Your baby is healthy here are the pictures any questions?" "Umm, can you still have you know?" "Yes, you can, just not as much." "Oh ok thank you." I left and called Kyle's phone. Someone picked up. "Who is this?" someone asked, the person wasn't Kyle. "I'm looking for Kyle?" "Yeah I know this is his phone" "Is this ebony?" "How did you know?" "It's because I'm Malia." "I need to talk to Kyle please." "Kyle, someone wants you." he grabbed the phone "Hey Kyle im two weeks pregnant." "Oh, you are?" "Yes, I am." "Oh, well I got to go." Then I hung up and called Boniffa. "Hey, what happened."My phone died." "oh well I kinda need a break so I'm coming there ." Then I called Kyle back. "Hey Kyle umm, I need to take a break so I will go back where I came from for a while." "You are, what about the checkups?" "I used to live there." "Well, have fun." Then I hung up and booked my ticket. I packed my clothes for Saturday and lay down. "Hopefully I won't see my dad back at home, he would kill me and my baby if they knew I was pregnant." then I closed my eyes and fell asleep. The next morning I woke up and all of a sudden I felt a nauseous feeling and ran to the bathroom. You know what happened in that bathroom, I threw up, a lot, like A LOT. "Ugh I hate being pregnant." I stated out loud. I got ready to head to the airport and left. When I got there I checked in through security and got into the plane. "Ahhhh this is amazing" I spread my hands out through the empty row of seats next to me. "Uhm excuse me" A voice stated.I opened my eyes. "Huh?" Next to me was the finest man I have ever seen. "Oh I remember you, your Joshua" I stated out loud. "Uh yeah, and you are?" "Malia, Kyle's assistant." "OHH you were that fine girl I said-" he stopped talking and looked away. "Oh thanks, I guess." I saw him blushing in the corner of my eyes. He sat down and we started talking a lot. By the time the flight finished, we were both asleep. I woke up because Joshua was shaking me. I opened my eyes blurred. "Wake up, it's time to go." Joshua told me. "What is it?" I looked around and saw everyone was gone. I got up and got my suitcase. "Thank you for waking me up." "No problem." When I got there I got a taxi ride to my best friend's house. I knocked on her door and she opened the door and started screaming. "AHHHHHHHHHHHH MALIAAAAA" she ran and came over to hug me "What are you doing here?" she asked. You know that I'm pregnant I need some time so yeah."

"Oh well, you're allowed to stay here as long as you can."
(months later) I was 4 months pregnant. I was ready to give up but I think I might move back. I loved it here but I should get back to my job. I said my goodbyes to Boniffa. "Girl imma miss you" Boniffa sniffled. "Aww, I'll miss you too but you gonna come visit me when I'm in the hospital right?" I hugged her and asked. "OF COURSE" We both laughed.