I. POISONOUS WINE

——POISONOUS VINE

✬✬✬

Aegon Targaryen, son of King Viserys of House Targaryen, and Queen Alicent of House Hightower had hated his life. From the moment he had been born the expectation of his mother's family for him to one day become King, instead of his older sister, Princess Rhaenyra, Princess of Dragonstone, had been burdened on his shoulders. Whatever he did to show he had not been wanting the cursed throne made of the swords of the Lords and former Kings who swore to his name's sake, the Conqueror, he would be met with a slap across the face.

Every cup of wine he drank to show he had not been interested, every lack of duty, and every visit to the bed of someone who was willing to help him forget, the litres of moon tea he had given to his bed mates at their request and the attitude which he had hoped would steer his Grandsire away from the Iron Throne, but the moment his father, King Viserys, first of his name, named the Peaceful, had passed away, he had ran away from the Red Keep, entering Flea Bottom in search of a way to his beloved Dragon, Sunfyre.

Sunfyre had been named the most beautiful of Dragons of his time, and had been the trusted mount of Prince Aegon, as he was making his escape to the Dragonpit, he had been stopped by the Cargyll Twins, Erryk and Arryk, who were driven to find him for the Hand of the late King, while ser Criston Cole, who had been more of a father to him than the King had been, had found him soon after, his younger brother, the one-eyed Prince Aemond, in tow.

Aegon had ran, trying to escape the hands of the men that surrounded him before he was tackled to the floor by Aemond. "Let me go!" he cried as he tried to escape the hold of his brother. Aemond had been taller, and stronger than he had been, but that didn't stop the elder from trying to escape the hold the younger had on him. Aemond had pushed Aegon to the ground, pulling him back by his legs while Aegon giggled when he kicked Aemond away each time. "Is our father truly dead?" Aegon asked, he had heard the whispers in the walls of the Keep before he had made his escape. "Yes, and they are going to make you King" Aemond said, annoyed at the thought of the foolish brother ascending the throne.

Aegon escaped him once, but Aemond had been faster as Aemond grabbed Aegon and held him in his arms, almost effortlessly. "Let me go! I have no wish to rule, no taste for duty! I am not suited!" Aegon cried to his brother trying to escape the firm hold he had been in.

"You'll get no argument from me" Aemond agreed, Aegon had tried years upon years to escape his duty, while he the younger brother, had learned the way of the sword, the histories and philosophies of Westeros and rode the largest and most ancient dragon still alive. "Let me go!" Aegon cried out. "Let me escape to Essos, I will not bother any of you, let me take Sunfyre, and I will disappear" Aegon begged his brother, but Aemond had promised his mother he would bring Aegon to her.