II. POISONOUS BROTHER

POISONOUS VINE

⎯POISONOUS VINE

✬✬✬

Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen and her twin sister, Rhaenya, were born during the worst storm they had seen in many moons, destruction had fallen on Dragonstone and even the Kinglands. After the Princesses were born, they lost their mother, which came to the hatefulness of their older brother Viserys, who had loved his mother more than he had ambition to take the Iron Throne.

The three young dragons were exiled to Essos where they lived with one noble and the next, until it had not been as special anymore to host a Targaryen exiled Prince. Viserys, as he grew older, became more and more spiteful, and even proclaimed himself the Rightful King of the Seven Kingdoms, using his sisters to form an alliance with the Dothraki to get himself an army after the Golden Company declined, for Viserys had nothing to pay them with.

Viserys offered the Great Khal Drogo one of his sisters, both if the brute wanted them, as long as he was given his army. The Khal had chosen to take Daenerys as his wife, and Rhaenya had been both relieved and happy for her sister. Rhaenya stayed close to her older twin, becoming a lady in waiting to her of sorts, until Viserys learned Daenerys was with child, and the Dothraki Khal had promised his son the Iron Throne.

Viserys had taken Rhaenya as his wife, not in the tradition of the Seven or even the old Valyrian Gods, he had proclaimed she had now been his wife and taken her virtue with the hopes of siring a son to have his own heir, but no matter what he tried, Rhaenya was never found to be with child while Daenerys' pregnancy prospered on.

Daenerys had a change within her, one her sister called the blood of the dragon, something true and something Viserys did not poses. Daenerys was a dragon, and Viserys was nothing more than a vile snake that had wrapped itself around their lives. Rhaenya had stood next to her sister, after Viserys had threatened her and her unborn child with a sword in a place where it was forbidden. Rhaenya straightened herself before Viserys as the sisters stood together when the Khal came rushing in to defend his wife, and his good sister.

"I shall give him a crown, made from our gold, to show him what happens to Kings in their Iron chairs when they threaten the moon of my life, and blood of my blood" Drogo had roared, although Rhaenya had not understood he gave her a nod as did Daenerys to him. Viserys was held down, and Rhaenya did not look away when they poured the hot metal over his head, watching him die before her very eyes. She let out a breath of relief, nearly collapsed when she realised, she had been freed from his cruelty.

Daenerys had helped her, offering to find her a better match if she wanted, but Rhaenya did not need it. "I am content by your side, sister, and I will be by your side when you take the Iron Throne" Rhaenya had said. "No, we will" Daenerys had told her sister. They had now been the only Targaryens left, and Daenerys could not loose someone else. Even with Viserys cruelty, he was still their brother and one of the last Targaryens.