IX. POISONOUS ENEMIES

POISONOUS VINE

⎯POISONOUS VINE

✬✬✬

Rhaenya had smiled brightly as she had looked at Aegon before they had gone to Daenerys to tell them of the news, as Daenerys smiled at her sister. Her last marriage was to their older brother Viserys, and how horrid he had been, there had been a vague memory of him in their early childhood where he was kind, somewhat and protective. But Aegon had not been Viserys, and he would never be as she saw the smile on Rhaenya's face, Daenerys knew perhaps Aegon had more than one destiny in this time.

"We shall find a Valyrian priest to wed you in our traditions" Daenerys promised as she smiled at her sister. Rhaenya hugged her sister as Daenerys then informed her of her plans, to let the Meereenese people bury their dead, even if they had been slave traders and owners. Aegon stood with Daenerys as he recommended the Unsullied to help given how they might come across as dangerous. "The Guards of the Crown should not be feared by the Small Folk may it be here or in Westeros, they should be looked at as protectors of the Crown who protect the Realm" Aegon said, they had been ser Criston's words to him long ago, but they helped him now too, for a far better cause.

Daenerys agreed and let ser Barristan, a former white cloak, oversee it with Grey Worm as Daenerys took Rhaenya with her. "Missandei told me Grey Worm saw her in the stream" Daenerys said as she linked arms with her sister. "Well, it comes as no surprise, she teaches him the common tongue, and I believe Grey Worm likes her, more so than simply a tutor" Rhaenya said as they reached Missandei who blushed softly. "Unsullied cannot love like men" Missandei said. "Who is to say what is a way to love?" Rhaenya said as she sat down and grabbed a goblet of wine as she looked to Missandei. "Love should come from the heart, and not anywhere else" Rhaenya said and Missandei nodded.

The three of them giggled as they continued to speak, plainly, before a knock disturbed them. Daenerys looked up and allowed the person to enter to find Aegon and ser Barristan. "Is it done? Have they all been buried?" Daenerys asked before Rhaenya saw the anger on Aegon's face and the disappointment on ser Barristan's. "What has happened?" Rhaenya asked walking closer before ser Barristan handed him a scroll.

It had been a royal pardon for ser Jorah of House Mormont, signed by King Robert Baratheon. Rhaenya furrowed her brows. "What is it?" Daenerys asked walking over before she read the reasons, and nearly sunk down. 'For spying on the Targaryen wenches, and the murder of their unborn children' had been a reason to pardon him. She remembered she had been with child once, but lost the babe very early on, Viserys had been rageful to her as well as anyone coming in his path.

She remembered she had terrible morning sickness, not something uncommon the Dothraki servant girls had said as she had explained it to them, but ser Jorah had something against it he had said. A juice made from berries he had found which he knew helped against a hangover. Aegon walked to Rhaenya as Daenerys took the letter from her sister, whose eyes filled with tears. "Where is he?" Daenerys demanded as she looked at ser Barristan.