IV: POISONOUS MEN

POISONOUS VINE

⎯POISONOUS VINE

✬✬✬

Rhaenya's dreams did not stop after their visit to the House of the Undying as she kept having odd dreams. This time she dreamt of Aegon, now knowing his name, she saw what seemed to be his pervious life, the woman before him was beautiful and she held the hand of a dark-haired boy as she smiled lovingly to him. Her dreams then shifted to the Great Hall of the Red Keep where the Iron Throne stood, she watched it that day when Aegon stood there when King Viserys, first of his name declared Prince Lucerys Heir of Driftmark, before the scenery changed and this time, Aegon sat the Iron Throne, with Blackfyre before him and black banners with golden dragons waving in the room.

She didn't hear any words as the scene changed again, to see the woman on the throne dressed in armour and a dress of black and red underneath. She bled as she came down the Iron Throne, with her a man carrying what she knew to be Dark Sister, before the scene changed again. "Aegon, third of his name, King of the Seven Kingdoms!" a voice rang as a young boy was placed on the Iron Throne before it changed again and again, as Rhaenya saw all the monarchs of her house.

It ended with her father, wearing his large red golden crown as he screamed throughout the Great Hall, it terrified her to see the man she came from, as her mother stood next to the throne, a young boy's hand in hers and her belly largely swollen. She wore the slimmer white golden crown with diamonds and figures of dragons which Rhaenya remembered was sold to pay for food and a roof over their heads.

"Rhaenya"

She looked around to find the voice as the scene changed, the Great Hall was now empty, the fires dimmed and the heat of the candles and the smoke of the recently put out flames decorating the Throne room. The Iron Throne was near empty, she saw three crowns laying on them. One larger in the middle, which looked silver with a line of gold and the three headed dragon in the middle. One head was black, one was green and one was bronze. Then beside it was a crown of gentle dark silver, with stones that glistered like the moon, and finally a bruter one, rougher than the other two which seemed to resemble the crown she had seen Aegon wear when he sat the Iron Throne in her dream, but this one didn't have spikes on them, it was a thick band with rubies along it.

Before she could take. a closer look she was snapped out of her dream as she looked at the face of Aegon. He wore different, lighter clothing in a more Essosi fashion. The three headed dragon embroidered on his tunic as Rhaenya had done so for him. They had been travelling for quite some time now, on occasion taking a break as the Unsullied carried on.

"What happened?" she asked as she looked around, assuming someone attacked them if she was awoken abruptly. "You were crying and whimpering, Princess" Aegon said. He had stayed close by her side, a way to try repaying her for her trust and kindness he told himself, but in reality, he did not know what drove him or rather what made him appear here before Daenerys and Rhaenya.