V: POISONOUS DREAMS

POISONOUS VINE

⎯POISONOUS VINE

✬✬✬

The dreams she had were not simple dreams, they were nightmares of her time with Viserys, a cruel painful time of which she did not wish to be reminded. When Rhaenya awoke she was once again met with the face of a concerned Aegon. "Do you find enough sleep, Princess?" he asked as she stood up his concerned eyes looking at her. He knew what it was like to not sleep well, and he hated to admit he slept better now than he ever had in his previous life.

"I sleep enough" Rhaenya replied, slightly snapping at Aegon before she let out a sigh when she noticed. "I am sorry, I try to sleep I really do, but everything keeps me up at night" Rhaenya said as Viserion flew to her, cradling himself into her arms as she smiled. "Never you though, Viserion" she cooed as she held the dragon who almost became too big for her to hold in her arms.

Aegon thought as he followed her back to the tent where Daenerys was ready to inform them about what they uncovered. "They are called the Second Sons" ser Barristan informed them. "They fight for gold, not honour, Your Graces, it would not be wise to trust them" he advised as Daenerys looked at her sister, a silent conversation held by the two as they nodded at each other.

"They are led by a man named Mero, and we shall invite them here, to see if we can offer them something the Yunkish cannot" Daenerys said and it had not been a question, it had been the purpose she and her sister agreed on.

Rhaenya sat down next to her sister as Aegon stood by Rhaenya's side, Daenerys, as much as Jorah and ser Barristan had seen how the Targaryen Prince of the past had hovered near Rhaenya, always, with a hand on Blackfyre to kill anyone who needed to be killed in order to protect her.

"Your Graces, allow me to present the captains of the Second Sons" Barristan said as three men stood before them. "Mero of Braavos" he said looking at the man in the middle. "Prendahl na Ghezn" he said about the man to the left for the sisters, and then looked at the last man, who had been the tallest of them all, with dark short hair and a dark thick beard to match. "And then—" Barristan said as he looked at the last man. "Daario Naharis" he said bowing his head before the Queens.

"You are the Mother of Dragons?" Mero asked, stepping forward as he eyed both women up and down. Daenerys wore a blue dress, with her hair braided away while Rhaenya had opted for a darker pink dress which could be mistaken for red in the right light. Her hair fell lose down her back as the front pieces were braided out of her face. Viserys always hated her hair, she remembered, not the right shade of silver in his words, too blond he claimed, but now with the Essos sun always shining on it, it had been as silver as Aegon's.

"I swear I fucked you once in a pleasure house in Lys" Mero said looking at Daenerys, before turning to Rhaenya. "Mind your tongue" Jorah said looking at the man before him before he could speak ill content about Rhaenya as well. "Why?" Mero asked, taunting Jorah. "I didn't mind hers" he continued as he decided to place himself on the cushions on the sofa Rhaenya and Daenerys sat on. Daenerys stopped Jorah from intervening as Rhaenya looked at Mero from the other side of her sister. "When she licked my arse like she was born to do it" Mero said, flicking is tongue towards Daenerys and Rhaenya.