Prologue

My 25th birthday. Tanjiro knocked on my front door, I answered and welcomed him inside alongside Kanao, Nezuko and his friends. Sanemi, and Urokodaki attended as well. It's been a few years since the Demon Slayer Corps disbanded, and Muzan Kibutsuji's reign was defeated.

Kanao and Tanjiro were quick to marry, followed by Nezuko & Zensitu then finally Insokue and Aoi. I never bothered putting myself out there romantically, however life for me and my friends was now peaceful and simple.

Tanjiro often wrote me letters and had dinner with me, I enjoyed his company.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMIOKA!" Everybody yelled in unison when I opened the door.

"Tomioka, I brought some ingredients for the hotpot today! It's been a minute since we hung out." Tanjiro showed me a basket filled with vegetables, and meat cuts.

I offered to help cook, but since it was my birthday (and my last day) they insisted to let me sit and wait. I manifested the mark durning the final battle, so my time is up.

I sat in my living room as they prepared my birthday meal, I looked back on my life. Where I started, who I lost, where I am now. I've never been the type to think so deeply, but I don't think I could've asked for anything better. Although I do have my fair share of regrets. You can't change the past, I'll be in paradise tomorrow.

"Food is ready!" Nezuko cheerily exclaimed, she carried a cake while Tanjiro placed down the hotpot on the table. Aoi poured everybody a round of Sake, hot tea for Kanao since baby #2 was on the way. I watch as the people I cared so much for dig in, and chat with me one last time.

"Cheers to our beloved Giyuu Tomioka." Urokodaki, my former trainer stood up and had everybody put their cups in.

"Tomioka-san, please tell Shinobu and Kanae about me and Tanjiro. And that I miss them dearly." Kanao requested as she rubbed her belly.

I nodded, "I will."

"Say Hi to all the Hashiras for me!" Tanjiro said. "Don't forget our family!" Nezuko added.

I smiled. They lit my candles, sang happy birthday and I blew them out. I secretly wished for the people around me to live happily, healthily, and as long as possible.

Sanemi spoke up, "I know we weren't on the brightest terms Tomioka, but please tell Kanae and Genya I miss them. And I'll be joining you guys soon, my 25th birthday is in a few months."

I agreed to his request.

Some time passed, we were speaking about every good memory that has ever happened. I hear their laughter, the genuine smiles, the relief. Almost as if it's a regular day and I'm going to be here tomorrow.

"Tomioka, I wasn't trying to snoop but everytime we visit, theres always a stack of envelopes that are all sealed with a butterfly print on them on your bookshelf. What's that about?" Zensitu asked and pointed at the shelf.

I stood up and took the large stack of envelopes down, all opened but the letter remained inside. "They're letters from Shinobu, she used to write to me often. I never threw any of them away."

"What about the letters that I wrote!?! I only started getting responses recently!" Tanjiro uttered.

"Hey, I kept them..I just don't know where." Shinobu's letters were always my favorite to read and answer. Even before I started speaking more. Her letters were always kept in the same spot through all these years, however I never took them out to reread until now.

"I miss her." said Kanao.

"We all do," Tanjiro placed his hand on his wife's shoulder. "Tomioka gets to see her soon though, she'll be happy to hear about everything that has happened." He smiled.

~~~
It was about to hit nighttime, everybody was ready to leave so I walked them to the door. I watched as my favorite trio choked back their tears, Sanemi and Urodoki stayed strong though. I hugged them all one last time. "Thank you, for everything." and waved goodbye.

I walked back to the pile of letters sitting on the dining table. I decided to reread each one before I see her again.