Shinobu Kocho [FINALE pt.2]

My eyes became an instant waterfall. "I love you too, Shinobu."

I remember the night she died, my body was already in agonizing pain. Hearing her crow announce her death brought my entire world down. I lost so many people that night, and most importantly I lost her.

As I broke out into a full sob, my breathing became desperate and all the good and bad memories recollected inside my head. I didn't let any moment I spent with her slip from my mind, "Every time I trace back to the past, I was always at my happiest when I was with you."

She was so kind, beautiful, and like no other. She knew how to make me smile, even if the world wasn't being the friendliest. Between the Pillars, I always felt like the 'fake Hashira' in the group. But, fuck, she made me forget it all and live in the moment.

I often visit her grave, even if it's been years after her passing. Leaving flowers, cleaning up. Sometimes I'd bring Kanao & Tanjiro, but most of the time I sat by her alone, talking to the moon.

Overtime, my grief began to heal. But healing never meant I was willing to forget her completely. Her sweet little eyes, her smile. Those fuzzy memories mess with my temper.

I remember after the battle with Muzan, I ran to go see if the crow was mistaken, and she perhaps was still alive. Unfortunately, my worst nightmare came true. Absorbed. No trace left, no corpse. Just a sword, Haori, and Butterly pin. I vividly remember picking up her Haori, and hugged it as I denied her death inside my head.

Kanao had left me half of her butterfly pin, and she attached the other half to Kanae's hair piece. I kept it in a jewelry box right besides her letters on my bookcase.

I look at the letter multiple times, my cries growing stronger. I notice on the paper, dried droplets of water were visible. 'Her tears..' I found my fingers running over the water stains.

I realize the letter wasn't the only thing inside the envelope, I took the item inside out. 'The pin I bought her for her 19th birthday...' I clenched both the letter and the hairpin to my chest.

The clock struck midnight, I felt a shiver go through my body. A shift of tiredness evoked, and my skin felt cold. Despite these symptoms, I didn't feel any pain. I sat in my chair, as I started to feel each cell and part of my body shutting down.

My grip on the two objects in my hands remained hard, and I closed my eyes from the world one last time.

"I'll see you soon, Shinobu Kocho."