Blizzard

a/n: this chapter is based off a fanart comic :)

That mission..

~flashback~

"Tomioka, please don't get the wrong idea! If you do I'm going to kill you when we get back!" Shinobu angrily spoke.

We were sitting against a tree in the middle of a harsh blizzard. Shinobu laying in between my lap resting on my chest, regardless of our abilities to kill demons, weather was still a enemy that no Hashira could beat. I covered her with both of our Haoris. Mine ended up getting a hole in it after It got stuck on a piece of wood.

"I know," My voice was desperate and shivery from the cold, "Don't talk, you'll exhaust yourself."

We sat there for what it felt like ages, until a crow finally reached Kakushi after the storm ended. I almost scared myself when I thought she passed out from the coldness, she just ended up falling asleep.

When we got back it wasn't good for me, I caught a bad cold that was insufferable. I refused treatment since I thought it would go away on its own.

It didn't. Shinobu herself ended up coming down to the Water Estate herself after hearing my reply back to her letter.

~end of flashback~

I don't remember what I exactly wrote on that letter, something about how my sickness was still bad but I could bear it while working on missions.  She scolded me that day for not knowing how to care for myself. I smiled a little looking back on her tough-love.