A Person I Care About

a/n: this chapter isn't that canon since muzan killed all the lower moons..but for the sake of fanfiction shinobu killed a lower moon before the rengoku arc

~flashback~

I walked besides Shinobu as we explore this small town. Checking every corner and crevice, making sure no stone is left unturned.

As we walked, I felt a presence behind us. I turned around quick as the demon was about to take a slice out of Shinobu before I could even draw my sword.

I jumped in front and his claws slice right at the middle of my chest, ripping my uniform and having me bleed out. 'Fuck..I was too slow. Too abrupt.'

I got back on my feet. I looked into the demons eyes and his pupils were imprinted with the number 3. Lowermoon, rank three. I drew my sword and Shinobu drew hers.

'Protect..the people you care about. No, protect the person you care about.' I thought to myself as we went into combat. The cut was deep, and painful, but my breathing style eased the bleeding. 'I can't believe I let my guard down that low.'

I got some hits in, but Shinobu finished him using her poison as per usual. I fall back against a wall as the bleeding returns, my vision slowly gets blurry.

I heard Shinobu say, "I shouldn't have taken you on this mission.." as she took off my uniform shirt and wrapped it around the wound. "This will stop the bleeding for awhile, until the Kakushi arrive."

~~
I woke up and my eyes were met with the ceiling of a medical infirmary. In this case, the Butterfly Mansion. I blinked, and saw Shinobu hovering over me. "You're awake!" She gleefully said.

I was shocked for a minute since she appeared so
fast, "Kocho..how long was I out for?"

"Don't worry, not long. You were asleep for actually only a day after the mission." She paused, "I have to apologize though..you took that hit for me."

I would've done it again. In fact, 10 times again or more for her. I didn't want another person I cared about to get hurt, even if it's in a small situation. "Don't apologize. I would've done it again."

"Sit up for me please, I'll change your bandages."

I sat up straight and took off my shirt. She stopped for a minute with a strange look on her face. Then proceeded to remove the bandages.

"Kocho..are you okay? Your hands are shaking." Usually when she works on me, she always has a steady and quick hand. As she wrapped my chest and abs, I saw a dot of sweat drip down her face.

"I'm fine." She responded.

"Okay I'm finished, drink this." She held a glass of medicine up to my mouth. I tried to hold it myself but her grip stayed strong.

"I'm not a child Kocho." I said after I drank it. She giggled, "I'll treat you like one as long as you're injured!"

There she goes again, the teasing side of her personality.

~end of flashback~