2: Crossing paths and nothings goes as planned

The art above is drawn by me :))

EDIT 14 July: compiled two chapters together but split the last half to end on a cliff hanger to continue next chapter.

____________________________________________

When Error woke up again, it was great relectunence and he would do so alone.

He lingered, desperately clinging onto the dream of being held and safe, something unfamiliar but he craved to feel again very deeply but as he woke up it all slipped away as if he was ting to hold onto water. He kept his eyes shut hoping it would linger for just a little longer even as a chill pressed in on him. But, alas he could not fall back into the dream, it was the nicest dream he's ever had and he already missed how he felt. And who knew if he'd ever feel something like that again in the void so as passing as it was he charismed that small moment.

When he eventually opened his eyes he was rather surprised to see his environment had changed somehow. He was no longer surrounded by the empty black of the void but instead he was surrounded by trees and snow. The chill he had felt was not the pressing void but instead the snow he was sitting on seeping through his coat and to his bones and a light pattering of snowflakes on his face.

"H0w d1d I g3t h3re? Just moments ago he was falling into the void so surely he should still be in there but this did not look like the void. If he wasn't mistaken this was clearly someplace in snowdin though what AU he could not say.

From being in the void to suddenly being free of it did not bring him excitement though. All it meant was that whatever power that controlled the multiverse decided he was not allowed to die and brought him back to keep doing his job. The thought brought him to near tears knowing that he could truly never escape from it all in a way that mattered, not even the void could free him of his torment.

So, he stayed where he was sitting against that tree and watched the slowly falling flakes of snow for the few moments he could.

He wonders just how long he can sit here before Ink caught up with him and chased him out again or he had to get up to work...whatever came first. Despite the likelihood of being found and attacked if he was caught, Error remained there and enjoyed the quiet for a little while longer. He had almost started to doze off for a bit as the gentle snowflakes fell around him.

Error was stirred out of his light dozing when he heard a set of two footsteps running through the snow and heading towards his location. He sighed bitterly, knowing his break would soon be over as Ink had found him, or possibly one of the residents of this AU had discovered him and Ink would not be far behind. The running footsteps stopped then slowed down to a walk as they got closer to the clearing where he sat. Error just stared out preparing to see attacks coming out from behind the trees toward him.

What he had not expected to see moving out from behind a tree, were two small skeleton children in grubby hospital gowns.

For a moment the two children stood frozen where they were and stared up at him with wide eyes, allowing Error to give the two a once over. The two little skeletons were wearing hospital gowns and were absolutely filthy, covered nearly all over with dirt, twigs and pine needles as if they had crawled through dirt and bushes to get here.

The smaller one stood in front of the taller proven to be a very ineffective shield, definitely a Sans typebased on his round cheeks and protective stance. The taller skeleton child looked up at him curious, definitely a Papyrus though this one seemed more wary and timid than most he's seen. The both of them looked so tired and scared it struck his heart seeing their expressions and their state.