10: The burning bat on the doorstep

Sorry this chapter took a while, I had an eye injury and looking at screens wasn't great while i was healing and then right after that just had a really rough couple weeks

But i'm back now and i have a ton of notes i'd written for what's about to come :) But some of you guys are super observant and already figured out some of it on your own :)) That's fun :) 

Made a extra long chapter as an apology for the long break, trying to get this one done before the end of father's day, as a treat :) might come out a day or two after but oh well.

__________________________________________

Err0r spe4king

Nolan speaking

Everyone else speaking

TW: Blood and cutting (It's right at the end though)

__________________________________________

It has been about a week into Error's new life and he feels like everything so far has been going well...too well he thought.

Just a week prior, the village leader had led them out of the Inn and marched them down a side street and straight to the doors of an open building.

From the outside it had not looked like much, appearing to be a run down two storey building tucked in a corner, you could almost miss it if he wasn't led right to the door. The building seemed worn down and feeling rather dour from just the outside showing signs of a long period of being uncared for and empty.

"it doesn't look like much...it was once owned by a elderly woodcarver but...two winters he passed away and it's been empty since" The village leader had told him as he fished out some keys and tried to find the one that would open the door.

Error had been confused by that statement and asked him how could a place be left abandoned. The bear monster just waved off his concern as he finally got the right key and jiggled the door open "Nothing wrong with the place, just that no one here had a use for the old building...But i'm sure you will be able to put it to good use"

Entering the building their guide started to explain the building in more detail and allowed them to look around for themselves. Which as it turned out to not only be where the old owner worked, but he had even lived. The building's peculiar feature was that not only did it have a work and shop front, but up a small flight of stairs revealed a small residence. It was not much more than an eating area and a single bedroom but had clear signs that it had once been lived in.

The inside was in the same state as the outward appearance, old and worn. Evidently no one had come in here since the old owner. sawdust and the past owner's projects scattered around on work desks and old rusty tools strewn around. Almost as if time had been frozen on that last day the owner lived, it felt...almost eerie, in a way. like the ghost of the life that was once here remained. But he knew that was a foolish thought, it was just an empty home.

Error had to hold the small children's hand so that they didn't wander and hurt themselves on anything particularly sharp as they turned to look upstairs to find it in a familiar state as below.

Error stood in the middle of the dusty room, taking it all in as Nolan and Vesper wandered off to explore the living area when a furry face came into view as Chief joined at his side, looking just a little apprehensive.

The village leader had attempted to apologize about the state of the place...but paused seeing Error tearing up. Though Error convinced himself it was just the sawdust lingering on every surface thrown into the air by the children's shuffling feet.