11: recovery and release

I swear if it's not one thing, then it's another thing keeping me from writing when i want to. i've been super sick all week with a terrible cough and barely able to breath, then migraines on top of that. It came completely out of the blue and sucked ass.

_________________________________________________

The next couple weeks that passed since he'd dragged an injured animal into his home were uneventful as the family settled into a new norm...Though with an injured bat in the middle of it. Frankly, Error was counting down the days until it would be able to leave.

Part of the new norm was him starting the morning early before the sun and tending to said injured creature.

The injured bat took a lot of his attention at this early hour. He would check them over and tend to them, reapplying the salve when needed. He'd also sneak in a feeding session while it was awake enough to do so, when the kids couldn't be around to see it.

They had been so happy to come home to hear he had been able to get it to eat, but he hasn't told them just what he found that it could eat. He knew it would only upset them so it was best they didn't see it.

As of right now, the bat laid on a bundled blanket sleeping after a feed while he was by the stove standing over a pot of dark murky liquid and occasional chunks he hoped would be breakfast. One of his hands was covered with a fresh bandage as he held back the urge to scratch as the forming scab itched and burned under the wrapping.

For that first week the bat had spent a lot of time sleeping, putting all of its energy into healing rather than being awake unless it was to feed. The kids had been worried but not Error, he experienced the same thing himself after all. As the destroyer he was always in a fight and often injured and whenever he got injured particularly badly he had also found himself taking long periods of rest, usually unconscious as he healed.

Though he's far from mortal or anywhere near as fragile and also heals supernateredly faster than anything, he's not really the best comparison...

But it did seem to have done well for the creature as they've been healing well and slowly started becoming more active after that first week. It did still sleep its way through the morning and most of the day, though Error felt that more for their nature than for their healing.

And despite his initial doubts and misgivings on the 'healing salve' he had been given, it did prove effective for its burns at the very least. All the smaller and more minor ones quickly healed over and nearly disappeared, only the bigger astier ones lingered. Though even the worst of them seem to look far better than the day before everytime he checked.

He wondered just what was in it...he might just keep it around for whenever the kids inevitably get themselves hurt if it apparently did so well.

With the rising sun and the chiming of the bell two children emerged from the bedroom right on schedule, brought in by the smell of food bubbling away in the pot.

Nolan was chipper as usual despite the early morning and happily climbed onto a chair and waited patiently for Error to scoop some of the pot's contents into bowls. Vesper was his usual self and yawned but allowed Error to readjust his clothes he'd haparzedly dressed himself in as he nearly fell asleep in his chair. Though he did perk up when a bowl of steaming stew was placed in front and given a spoon.

The murky stew he served to them got no complaints or pinched faces so Error thinks it to be a success.

After being fed the kids happily played down in the workshop as Error hurried around and prepped for the day. waiting until there was a knock on the door, revealing the church woman, whose name he learned was in fact, Anne.