6: A walk through a forest

I swear vampires are going to show up in this fic...just trying to get Error and the kids into the position i want before introducing them...which might be a few chapters away still. 

The kids aren't being given names yet, Error here thinks he won't be enough and doesn't want to get attached to them before they inevitably get taken away from him (But it's too late for that). I do have names in mind but it might be a chapter or two before they get named :) definitely aiming for it to happen before we reach ten chapters.

Am i pacing anything right? possibly not

Also I bullshitted it and now the kids can speak normally as of this chapter.

_____________________________________

It took Error very little time to assemble the squares together into something...acceptable and somewhat recognizable as clothing. In his hands he held two patched together shirts and a pair of very rough looking shorts. The squares were sewn together with his own strings, as feeble as they are currently. They were by far not the greatest things he's made but these will have to do for the time being while his body and magic recover more, or he had access to proper fabrics and thread. 

Maybe when he has the chance after he recovers, he can make them much nicer clothes- [He won't get the chance, they deserve better than him, they'll be taken away to someone better]

Placing down the shoddy clothing to catch the sun to dry Error checked on the children still dozing away where he placed them earlier.

Error wasn't foolish to believe he could keep these children, he knew he would be the worst person to care for two little children who needed someone to depend on after they've been through so much. These boys deserved so much more than a broken skeleton who was formerly the destroyer of worlds to be their guardian, anyone else would be better.

With that in mind he came close to them before pulling up two small screens, one above each where he wrote down a short line of code in each screen before closing both. If these two were going to live here and be with someone it would be...easier for them if they could understand normal speak and be understood. They won't even be able to notice the difference when they woke up and that was for the best.

Soon they started to stir and as a pair opened their eyes and looked blearly t each other and as they woke up a bit more and blinked away their sleepiness they looked to the forest around them. Then they looked up to him. The little Papyrus was the first to speak, while his brother sent him distrustful looks once they both realised he was sitting by them "Where...are we?..s...sir?"

"...Go0d quest1on, we ar3..." How was he to explain this to them? "...a bit l0st" There was a rater awkward pause between them, the kids looking up at him hoping he had all the answers while Error considered what to say next to explain their situation. 

Suddenly the Sans spoke up, addressing him directly "so, what are you going to do with us now?"  there was no doubt that he didn't quite trust that this stranger had good intentions for them, a good trait to have Error thought.

"You are not going to send us back are you?" The Papyrus cried out before Error could answer, very distressed and looking fearful as he looked pleadingly up at Error, the Sans just looked resigned with his fate.

"0h n0 no, th4t's n0t..." Error's hands hovered over the upset child's own, unsure if his touch would be wanted "I'm n0t send1ng y0u b4ck"

Looking them straight in their eyes Error made a promise, and he does not take them lightly and he just hoped they knew how much he meant it "Y0u're nev3r g0ing b4ck to h1m aga1n, i pr0mise..."