9: Meeting the village leader

Can you tell i love embarrassing Error and putting him into odd situations his awkward antisocial butt can't think himself out of so his first instinct is to flee/hide. 

Sorry this chapter took a while, kept rewriting it over and over and going back and forth on it and I just couldn't decide how i wanted things to go for a long while. But i got it done eventually! and i'm even moderately pleased with it.

__________________________________________

Err0r spe4k1ng

Nolan speaking

Everyone else speaking

__________________________________________

Error had gotten so wrapped up in the nice moment that a knocking on the door was only a slight disturbance. So with a smile still on his face and the kids still playing he went to open the door to greet whoever was knocking to get his attention.

Upon opening the door he didn't immediately see anyone in his line of vision, blurry as it was. It was only when a light couch got his attention that he finally looked down.

It was the woman he saw last night briefly...what was her name? Jo? something like that.

She was a small woman and he could immediately see the familial relation she shared with the owner he met last night. She had the same dusty blonde hair like her father though hers wasn't much longer and hung by her ears in wirey curls. She also shared the general same look in her gray eyes that stared back up at him just as stern looking as her father's had been.

Error eyed her up and down for a moment.

She was pretty small for a human, but maybe that was normal. The top of her head only barely reached the middle of his chest...which was the moment he realized two things.

One. with her being so small and with his much greater height and how he was hunched over to fit in the door frame he had loomed over his visitor and had just been staring down at her this whole time, unspeaking.

and two...to his horror. He realized he was still shirtless.

His sweater was still in the room behind him where he left it to dry and so he has unknowingly loomed and staring down this woman who was eye level with his exposed bandage covered ribcage...He froze in shock and immediately grew nervous as he expected her to start screaming and find her father or the other people in the rooms next to them to be set on him for scaring this defenceless little human...

But nothing came, in fact, she was staring up at him as well. She looked completely nonplussed and uncaring and even looked rather bored as she maintained eye contact with him even as he started freaking internally. The awkwardness of this situation and his own nerves were evident with how his glitching picks up and his soul feels like it's buzzing around in his ribcage with nerves. But the small human still remained standing there with not a single change in her expression, apart from getting more bored by the seconds that ticked by.

Error felt his face growing hotter with embarrassment as debated if it was too late to just...shut the door in her face and make a run for his sweater before this situation got any worse.Before he could move with this plan he was shocked when she finally said something to break the awkward silence that had fallen on them.

"Did mister and your little ones sleep alright last night?"

"i-i, y-ye4h..y3ah, we3 did. Th4nk y0u...f0r the..the bed..."Thankful she apparently decided not to breach or mention his current situation and talk like nothing was off here he almost forgot her question as he stumbled over his words.