3: A rogue Gaster blocks the way!

Error moved quickly trying to get the kids to a safe place.

He almost succeeds but is halted in his tracks by a attacker who does not mean them well.

EDIT July 15: Split from the original chapter with some re-writes to make it longer on it's own, but i also still don't know how to write fight scenes.

________________

~~~Previously~~~~

Error has long crossed the bridge and the ruins door was almost in sight, just a little it further-

A bright white bone attack whizzes by Error's skull lodging itself in the tree and fizzling out.

"And what do you think you are doing?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A voice Error doesn't really recognise shouts but he has no doubt who is speaking, he needed no introduction.

Turning he sees who could only be W.D Gaster facing him down from further up the path in his white coat and panting for breath, clearly have ran here from the core his expression...The doctor glared at him fiercely but his expression remains controlled and his voice kept low and monotone, but his skill and control could not hide his anger and the warning in every word he spat or his fierce demented eyes glowing like hot embers.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you have something that belongs to me.."

Error didn't have to guess what he was here for, knowing what he knew of these type of AU's and how the Gaster stared at the children in his arms who were suddenly awake and clinging to him tightly, their bones rattled against his body in fright.

"0h? 1s th4t s0...I'm s0rry but..." Error thinking fast and places the two down onto the snow, they attempted to cling onto him, quietly pleading to not let them go but he just gently pried their hands off. Error then turns back around, placing himself between the children and the man before him "I w0n't l3t y0u tak3 th3m"

The defiance only stoked the fire in his opponent and the doctor's tight control of his emotions broke into rage "What do you think you are going to achieve? they are my property i made them and i've sacrificed too much to just let them go!"

The mask he had worn to hide his true nature crumbled away, revealing the rotten and vlie man he had become. Once he might have been a good man but his paths lead him to this though Error felt no pity for him, he had no choice on his role as the destroyer but this Gaster did have a choice and he would receive no mercy from him.

"Return them to me now! I will not tell you again!"

The Gaster took a ragged breath after his outburst as if trying to get his mask back on and take control. He turned his ire from Error to the children, an eerie, mocking smile replacing his snarling.

"1-S...2-P...come to me...return to me now and my punishment for disobeying me won't be too harsh...I might even be merciful"

He held his arms open wide as to welcome them with open arms, trying to play the act of a merciful man, his cooing voice a deceiving tone of friendliness and care to coaxe the children to come to him willingly...but his deranges eyes and fanged forced grin gave him away. It was an illusion Error would have never fallen for and sure did not fool the children that anything that man had in store for them was anything good.

The children cowered behind him, too terrified to move or speak and Error has a split second worry that despite how they could see past the act, the might just walk back to him out of that fear....He wasn't about to let that happen.